CH -38 - Tonight's Challenge

Rachel, Liora, and Alice sat in a cosy corner of the barista cafe next to the shop they had visited earlier. They were waiting for Daran, who had almost gone to the police station to report Liora missing.

The door swung open, and Daran appeared. The moment he saw Liora, his worried expression turned into relief. He quickened his pace, breaking into a short run before slowing to a brisk walk.

Liora stood up, wanting to apologize and explain, but before she could say anything, Daran spoke with a tender look in his eyes.

"Do you know how worried I was?" His voice shook with the surge of emotions. "I was almost at the police station!"

"Stop! We must go to the police station now. Save your energy to scold me later." Said Liora, showing up her hand.

Daran looked at Alice, who had bandages on her body. His confusion was erased after Liora explained everything about Alice. Daran had so many things to say, scold Liora but he held back for a while. For now, the priority was Alice.

They went to the Police station by car, which was 3 km from the place where they were. Liora filled in her friends with more details about Alice.

Daran listened in silence, and so did Rachel. They did not speak a single word. It was too much to take in and the partial information didn't help.

They couldn't imagine what would have happened with the poor girl if it wasn't for Liora's bravado. That mere thought made them shudder.

When they reached the police station's parking lot, they encountered a large, sky-high structure with a modern facade and glass doors reflecting sunlight.

Once they entered the police station, the officers moved briskly, answering phones and typing reports. The place was filled with ringing phones, hushed conversations, and the occasional radio chatter.

The reception area was busy, with a few people waiting to file reports. The notice boards were adorned with various notices and posters, some detailing missing persons.

Daran, Liora, Rachel, and Alice approached the front desk. The officer on duty, a stern-looking woman, glanced up from her computer.

"How can I help you?" She asked, her voice speaking of professionalism.

Liora stepped forward, "We need to report an incident," she began. "This is Alice, and she's from a special orphanage for the blinds. She was attacked, and her friends might be in danger."

Liora looked at Alice, who had a nervous look on her face. She looked back at the police officer, "We need help, officer."

As they waited in the crowded reception area, an officer approached them, introducing himself as Detective Carlos Lopez. He was short in height at around 5.7 feet compared to Daran, but he looked like a composed person.

"Follow me," he said, leading them to a quieter room. The room was small but comfortable, with a table, chairs, and a couple of motivational posters on the walls.

Alice recounted the events, detailing everything that had happened. Detective Lopez listened carefully, taking notes and asking clarifying questions. His focus remained steadfast on Alice.

"May I have your contact details?" Detective Lopez asked, looking at Liora.

Before Liora could respond, Daran interrupted, handing the detective his number. "Take my number. You can reach us through me."

Detective Lopez glanced at Daran, his expression neutral. He nodded. "Thank you."

"We'll need to follow up on this immediately. We'll contact the orphanage and get to the bottom of this."