CH- 66- Caught you

POV Liora:

I sat back in the car seat, and my fingers were tapping idly on my phone as I chatted with Rhythm. Hearing Sia call her "Akka" so naturally made me feel like I should, too. It felt right like she was already family. So, I asked Rhythm for permission to call her Akka as well. She agreed without hesitation, smiling warmly, which made me feel even more at ease.

This living arrangement wasn't bad at all. In fact, it felt surprisingly comfortable. It felt like we had known each other since childhood. And I could not believe the new things and emotions I was learning in this foreign city.

But it's also strange how my old relationships felt like slipping away from my hand like sand slipping away the more I tried to hold onto it. Does it happen to everyone? However, no matter what, I have no plans to let go of my old relationships. I cherish them and I want them always to be an indivisible part of my life.

As I talked with Akka, I found myself glancing at the rearview mirror, trying to steal a glimpse at Nova (Donovan). Still trying to find out why being near him makes me feel so at ease.

At that moment, a thought crept into my mind, and I laughed at myself. I really need to get the brain test done. It could unveil the mysteries swirling within my brain, revealing what it is about Nova that is so different.

I glanced at the rearview mirror again, and this time, I met Donovan's deep, steady gaze as if he had read my mind and looked at the same time to catch my gaze. Our eyes locked briefly, and something unspoken passed between us. My heart skipped a beat, and I quickly averted my eyes, feeling a blush creep up my cheeks.

As we pulled into the parking space, Donovan turned to me with a suggestion. "How about you arrange to meet at Sven's place later instead of on campus?"

Logan and Rhythm quickly agreed. "That makes sense; we can't do much here on campus," said Logan.

"Liora, we'll be nearby when you're at Sven's place, so don't be afraid," It was comforting to hear Rhythm say that. I only agreed to Donovan's help, but it seemed like they all wanted to help me.

"Once you are in his house, ask him to list all his other places afterward," Donovan suggested, his tone calculated. "Tell him you must verify how many ghosts are present at each location. That way, we can later check each one for any proof or documents that could help us put him behind bars for good."

I looked at Donovan, silently appreciating how effortlessly he could gather this information without lifting a finger. After all, he's a rich kid who knows how to run a successful business.

But what struck me most was how he understood that this was my fight, my revenge. I want to orchestrate everything, to see it through with my own eyes. And Donovan, despite all his power, was willing to let me lead the way. For that, I was grateful.

With that being discussed and agreed upon, I typed out a quick message to Sven: "Meet me at your place. And send me your home address."

I decided to drop by Rachel's class during lunch break to check in on her, but her classmates informed me that she hadn't shown up. They mentioned that she wasn't even in L.A., which struck me as odd since Rachel hadn't said anything about leaving town. Something about it felt off, but I couldn't dwell on it too long. Maybe I should send her a quick message later.

Meanwhile, our college cafeteria and café were closed for a month. The dean had canceled the contract with Sven after seeing the poor state of both places—apparently, Sven hadn't even bothered to come to check on them.

With nowhere to eat on campus, all the students flocked to the food street. Lunch hour was extended by an additional half-hour to account for the extra time needed to get there and back.