CH -45 - Bets were getting placed

Back in Italy, Marco and Gabriella were engrossed in their work, meticulously accessing people's sensitive data. Unaware of the fact that every keystroke and every document they touched was mirrored in the system of Dane's hacker, Miracle.

Miracle sat in a dark room in a secret place. A mug of strong black coffee was her companion as her fingers moved the numerous keys professionally.

"Miracle, how's it going?" Dane's voice broke once he entered the room.

Miracle swivelled her comfy, movable chair to face Dane. "I've already listed the people they are targeting."

She handed over three documents, each filled with names and addresses. "These are the ones for you guys to save, and there's more coming up." With that, she turned back to her computer, fingers dancing over the keyboard.

Dane took one of the documents in hand and began to read through the list, while Miracle focused on her best friend, her computer.

Miracle had a slim figure with tanned skin and noticeable beauty marks on her left cheek. She sported a bob haircut, with longer hair on the right front side that fell to her clavicle. Her dark hair complemented her striking grey-blue eyes. And the tattoos almost covered a lot of her skin.

And she wasn't just a hacker but also a rapper in her tiny world. She was once a key player in an organized cybercrime ring. She had spent years stealing money and data, flourishing in the dark web.

Their work was very detailed, including various illegal activities like stealing money and spying on companies.

However, one day, a shift occurred within her. She woke up with a heavy heart, finding herself in an awakened state. The thrill that once accompanied her with each hack was gone, replaced by guilt.

Stealing money from hard-working individuals no longer gave her the satisfaction it once did. Instead, it left a bitter impression.

Rather than going after ordinary people, she focused on the wealthy elite, those with vast fortunes. These were the ones with

"Fortune's Cache," a never-ending pool of wealth.

One fine morning, sitting in a rectangular-shaped room with tinted windows, the rays of sunlight rarely filtered through. Miracle stood and asked her team for their attention.

"I think we need to change our targets. Why don't we focus on the wealthy elite? They are the ones hiding real secrets," she proposed.

The team captain, Ruth—known as Ruthless for a reason—immediately stood up. His imposing figure loomed large, casting a formidable shadow across the room. His face contorted with anger, veins bulging on his neck as he stared her down.

"Are you out of your mind, Miracle?" he thundered. "Most of our clients are rich people. You want to bite the hand that feeds us?"

Miracle stood her ground, though a part of her was trembling inside. "It's not right to keep stealing from those who can't afford it, Ruth. We need to make a change."

Ruth's expression darkened, his eyes narrowing to slits. His voice dropped to a low, "If you touch any rich clients or even think of leaving the group, we'll expose you to everyone. Don't think we won't do it, Miracle."

The rest of the team sat at their computers, and their faces were expressionless. The clacking of keyboards continued.

Unable to change the minds of his teammates, Miracle decided one night she had had enough. She gathered as much cash as she could and planned to run away from her team.

But her escape did not go as planned. Her former teammates found out and chased her, alerting small gangs they had stolen money from and even the police. Miracle became a wanted woman. In the chaos, the cash she had was stolen from her.