CH- 40 - Hustle and Bustle of Being a Student

Rihana's arms slowly slipped away from around Donovan, and she stepped back slightly to look into his eyes. She tilted her head slightly, her lips inching closer to his in a moment.

The crowd screamed, "Kiss....Kiss....Kiss..."

Kai's phone rang, the screen lit up, and Mr. Sohn's name flashed. Without a second thought, he picked up the call. His eyes widened upon hearing Mr. Sohn's information.

And on the stage, Donovan stood still, allowing Rihana to come closer. He couldn't stop her from kissing, as they were standing in front of the not-so-normal crowd. It would tarnish her reputation.

She is his girlfriend, and surprisingly, the relationship lasts for four months.

Meanwhile Kai grabbed the champagne bottle from Logan's hand, hurling it with all his strength toward Donovan.

The bottle flew at breakneck speed, heading straight for Donovan, with Rihana right in front of him.

As the bottle hurtled closer, it seemed inevitable that it would strike Rihana, leaving the spectators silent and shocked.

Donovan caught the bottle just in time, sparing Rihana from injury. Donovan's head snapped in Kai's direction.

Kai gave his thumbs up to signal Donovan that he did well as if he himself hadn't done anything wrong.

He was not only about to hurt someone with his reckless action but also interrupted a kiss between Rihana and Donovan. He then left for the terrace as if all was good.

It was a moment Rihana had been waiting for four months, and she couldn't believe one of Donovan's cousins had just ruined it. Inside, she seethed with anger at Kai but masked her feelings behind a happy facade.

Donovan surveyed Rihana with concern, "Are you okay?" and handed over the champagne bottle to the lady in the black dress.

"Yes," Rihana replied politely.

Standing on the terrace, Kai called Logan after a brief phone conversation with Mr. Sohn. His instruction was explicit: "Don't let Rihana be alone with Donovan."

"Explain."

"I will later," said Kai.

"Nope. Right now!" Logan said stubbornly. He needed to know.

Kai sighed in resignation and finally revealed. "Liora is here in L.A. Happy now?"

Logan smirked in relief. He now understood Kai's actions and approved them. "I got it covered."

He put his phone back in his pocket and signalled Donovan to come out with his hand gesture.

The lady in a black dress, Rihana, and Donovan left the ring, and the stage vanished below with an automatic system.

The DJ arrived, transforming the fight club into a nightclub, inviting all the spectators to the floor.

Donovan headed to the room for a shower, and Rihana, not wanting to miss her chance tonight, trailed behind like a determined shadow. Today is the day when all the invisible lines between them will vanish. They were about to kiss, only if Kai would not have interrupted it.

Just as Donovan reached the door, Logan swooped in like a hero in a rom-com.

"Rihana, I have an important discussion with Donovan. Do you mind giving us some space?" With a look so severe that it could have prevented even a sea wave from holding its tides for a while.

Donovan was absolutely stunned. 'Could it be possible that the sun had risen from the west today? And was Logan really standing in the way of Rihana?'