CH-48 - Why so late?

"Listen, this is not what it looks like," Liora said, her fingers nervously interlocked.

Despite being alone with Donovan in the locked car, Liora wasn't afraid of him. She felt as comfortable with him as she did with her uncle Dane, a father figure. Sure, Donovan's personality intimidated her at times, but she wasn't scared of him.

She did not know why; she felt he would shield her from every storm, lend his shoulder whenever she felt like crying, offer his hand when she would hit her low, and make her smile on gloomy days. His presence made her feel like she was at home!

"I have heard that before. And?" Donovan replied, resting one side of his face on his fist, his elbow supported by his thigh. His grey orbs studied every feature of her in detail.

Liora felt shy under his intense gaze and looked down at her fidgeting hands. "And...and it is all a coincidence. You always show up wherever I am." She mumbled in a low voice.

"So, is it my fault now?" Donovan asked, his tone polite and calm as he studied the girl who reminded him so much of Liora.

"No, it's not. But somehow, we end up in such situations, and I don't know why." Liora looked at him with puppy eyes, her gaze innocently cute. "I know it looks like I am—"

"What's your name?" Donovan interrupted her. His ears were desperate to hear one name.

Liora was taken aback, her hand instinctively moving to her chest. "Me? My name? Ahh. It's Li," she whispered softly, tilting her head down as she seemed lost in thoughts.

"Excuse me?" Donovan failed to catch her words.

"Li," she whispered again, looking up at him. Liora hesitated, wondering if she should reveal her true identity. But she immediately decided against it, fearing he might start avoiding her like he did in school, as if she didn't exist.

She wasn't sure why that thought saddened her. There were many things she did not have an answer to when it came to Nova. He was a mystery that attracted her, and when a part of her wanted to unravel it, the other part enjoyed its peculiarity.

"My name isn't important here. What I want to say is you should believe me when I say—"

"Meet me tomorrow at 'Twilight Zone' around 11 pm," Donovan interrupted again.

"11 am or pm?"

"PM" Donovan was confused with Liora's question who goes to the club at 11 am?

"So late? And why?" Liora asked, her eyes widening. "And what is Twilight Zone?"

Now, her question made sense to Donovan, but she probably did not know it was a famous club. "I have some business there, and you can explain whatever you want tomorrow there." Donovan had some plans for Liora at Twilight Zone.

Liora's eyes darted from left to right in confusion. "If you didn't want to talk now, then why did you bring me here?"

"I remembered I needed to be somewhere else."

"Can't we talk here at the university?"

Donovan's face changed to look more serious and scary, making Liora stop talking.

"When you arrive, tell them you are Mr. Magnum's guest." That left no room for arguments.

Liora nodded yes dejectedly, thinking she would go there if it would clear their misunderstanding once and for all.

"Can I bring my friends with me?" Liora quickly asked.

Donovan looked at her silently, trying to understand her. After a brief pause, he said, "I will be there with you."