Chapter 29

"I see... So she did go on her way to attack Shido," Kaede was informed of her subordinate's betrayal from Jakob who had received intel from Ryo. "You knew didn't you? Yet, you didn't stop her from acting to do so. In fact, you aren't even mad that Haruka was...you know, beaten to a pulp?" Jakob asked, clearly surprised that Kaede didn't lash out. "She has made her decision herself. Besides, we know that Shido isn't someone malicious, so even if they fought, I doubt he has any intentions to kill," Kaede calmly answered, "Besides, with what power Kurumi presented, it's really a gray area on what to do... I don't have any right or say, since our reasons are different," she added.

"Zat is quite a mature response. Are you sure you aren't possessed by some ghost, dear Fraulein?" Jakob joked to lighten the mood which made Kaede chuckle. "Perhaps, or maybe spending a day with Y/n made me less violent and impulsive. It has been an eye opener for me that everyone has different stories," she replied with remorse in her voice. Wanting to shift the mood, Jakob changed the topics, going over to the more serious matters.

"So, how's the rescue operation going?" Jakob asked, and Kaede looked over at her lieutenant leading the hostages out. "It's been going well. All too easy, that I think something is wrong," Kaede answered, having doubts that the rescue operation that she and Kusakabe were doing was going to end like this in a quick and effortless manner.

"Well, even if we succeed the rescue mission, the burden heavily lies on Origami now," Jakob put focus on Origami's major responsibility. "That being said, do you think she'll win?" Jakob added, wanting to know Kaede's predictions. "I can't really say much, since I haven't experienced Kurumi's power, but if we are to go with the simulation Origami made for me then...

Origami wins. The fact she made an imitation just for me says a lot about her research as well as Ryo's," Kaede declared before adding, "Besides, that girl is one cold killer. I hate to say it, but if she ever wanted to kill me, she would've done so already. I'm lucky that she's on a leash due to her devotion to him or else I'd already have my head in a guillotine due to the stunt I did a few months ago."

Jakob chuckled at the statement, saying that he doubts that Origami is the one on the leash. "I don't think Y/n wears the pants in the relationship," he claimed while stifling his laughter. "Well, if that's what your predictions are...

Then I don't have anything to worry about. This is Seer signing off for a while, over and out."

As Kaede and Kusakabe continued to lead the hostages to a safe refuge, Origami finally had Kurumi on where the former wants her to be. A split second action is what was needed for Origami to get a checkmate or for Kurumi to get out of her predicament. Immediately, Kurumi shot at Origami using a multitude of bullets and Origami simply created a rectangular shield to block them and let go of the spear, holding grasp of Kurumi's neck.

"Hehehe... You really are gonna kill me, huh? I guess you and I are not so different after all," Kurumi taunted as Origami tightened her grip on the former's neck, causing asphyxiation. "No, something worse..." Origami declared as she started to siphon Kurumi's Reiryoku off from her. However, her hands then let go of Kurumi, and felt as if something was invading Origami's mind.

Laughter filled Origami's head, and it was as if someone was fighting over control of Origami entirely. The tips of her hair darkened, and Origami was laughing uncontrollably like a deranged maniac. "Hehehe...Hehahahahaha!" Origami laughed, and it was as if her sanity was slipping away from her grasp due to the effect of Kurumi's reiryoku. "Well, well, it looks like my investment paid well enough. How about we increase the payout that I'm receiving?" Kurumi then summoned Zaphkiel, pointing it at the three o'clock mark.

"Zaphkiel. Gi-"

Immediately, everything became strange. Origami was gone from Kurumi's sights, Kurumi had fired her gun only to hit thin air. Before she could even think or blink, a spear had impaled Kurumi from behind as she could hear the crazed laughter. "You! Why are you defying me like this?! This shouldn't have happened! None of this shouldn't have happened!" Kurumi couldn't believe her eyes that Origami wasn't even struggling one bit on the changes that was going through the latter's body.