32

BEYONCÉ G KNOWLES

"I don't think I've ever just thought for me. You know? Like after we weren't friends you know. I just was everyone else but maybe I wasn't me?" I questioned leaning against Kelly as she giggled.

"What ever do you mean Beyoncé?" I groaned stumbling to my feet. Tripping in my heels before I could even stand again. I'd hate to admit it but I was definitely more drunk than I should've been.

"Like I'm saying. Like we're saying. Do you think I'm too dependent on others? Like I won't be anything outside of you, or Jack, or or Lana, or onika..." Everything my mom said rubbed on me. Like rubbed on me so much.

I just couldn't be in the same house with her. I was thinking harder about doing something with myself. Trying to figure out if I had anything I was good at. I could do makeup but would that be a good enough career? I write when I'm bored but that wouldn't pick up.

I was pretty I could make use of my looks. But then again I was just now getting comfortable with myself. I could maybe be a nanny I'm decent with kids. Or, I could just do nothing and be a loser like my mom thinks I am apparently.

"Beyoncé I think you are everyone's inspiration." She confessed which made me confused. She struggled to stand herself but she came over.

"You are alll the girls as schools mood boards. The prettiest girl in Houston and we all know it. We're all dependent on you, you know?" She giggled poking my nose. I mugged a bit before stumbling back.

"But— but why? I mean I was a nerd a few months back. I'm sure I'm sure I'm still a nerd but. Why me?" I watched as she hummed thinking to herself before she shrugged.

"I think we all need to just be ourselves right?" I was still confused but nodded anyway. Holding her hand as we stumbled along the plaza. We went to a party earlier to just hangout. Clearly we had too much in our cups.

Now we were trying to find something to snack on. I wanted maybe a burger or something but my eyes lit up when I seen froyo. It's like hearts were coming from the building as we went over. Stumbling inside to the front counter.

There was so many flavors, textures, colors, my nose was flaring from the sweets. I could taste the cavities now. "Welcome to Jerry's Frozen Yogurt how can I help you?" The boy at the counter questioned.

"Kelly I want everything." She chuckled patting my shoulder. She was laughing but I was serious. Watching as she leaned forward trying to whisper to the guy.

"She has a bottom hole for a stomach don't mind her." They both laughed which caused me to stare at the boy. He was really cute, bright eyes, a mini fro, he was tall. I'd never seen him around before.

"Not funny don't laugh." He was shocked that I told him not to laugh. I found it more rude than I did funny. I didn't find myself laughing at all.

"I'm sorry ma'am." My face scrunched as I leaned against the counter. Pointing at myself with a tilted head.

"Ma'am? Do I look old to you? Oh my god kelly I look olddddd." I whined which made her burst into laughter. But it wasn't funny I was old looking I was just called a ma'am.

"I'm sorry, you definitely don't look old." He stared looking me up and down. Kelly went silent watching as me and him stared at each other.