10

THRID POINT OF VIEW

"What was it like in New York?" Ari asked, onika hummed wrapping her arm around the girl. She rubbed her chin as they walked out of the cafeteria.

"It was chill." She shrugged, she didn't wanna tell all her business.

Her and Ari were sneaky links or whatever you wanted to call it. When she wasn't spending time with Beyoncé she was banging Ari's line. They weren't seen in public together because Ari had a boyfriend. But when they had the time they'd see each other.

"Chill? Don't act like I'm not in your close friends." Ari sassed, Onika completely forgot about that.

"It was a movie every day bro. I miss it but I think it's better I came back."

"Why is that?" Onika swallowed a bit, shaking her head as she let out a breath.

"I missed my mom, and you." She winked and Ari rolled her eyes playfully pushing her away.

"All you do is lie."

"I'm so for real gangsta. How've you been? What's up with everybody? They buggin actin like Beyoncé crown princess or sum shit."

"She basically is. Everyone at Norwood is obsessed with that girl it's so annoying." Ari ranted, onika would've been quick to defend a while ago.

But she knew the last time she was here everyone was obsessed with Ari. She was the it girl everyone was always checking for. She had the body, the hair, everything she was bad. So Onika figured she might've been jealous if she wasn't getting that attention. Plus Onika was curious on how Beyoncé became the it girl or whatever.

"Why?" Ari stopped in her tracks leaning against the lockers.

"I don't know but she had a glow up. I never seen her at a party and suddenly she's at every single one of 'em. She started fucking with jay, and then basically became a thot. She be flirting with all the niggas but claims she don't mess with any of 'em like don't do that weird one. She ain't fucking with my nigga though."

Onika scrunched her face up. "Righttt."

"Anyway. Once she stopped hanging out with those losers she basically leveled up. All these bitches is pea brains. They copy everything she do. You know how many accounts are dedicated for just her? She's all snobby and shit." Ari rolled her eyes again.

"It's only a matter of time before you start acting like them. That's why I had to come scoop you up because I'd be damned."

"Chill bro it ain't nothing like that. I still remember that girl as a metal face." No matter how much Beyoncé changed her behavior and how she dressed Onika would still see her as her bey.

"You better." Ari squinted and Onika smiled licking over her lips. She just remembered why her and Ari even left the cafeteria to begin with.

"So you 'gon gimmie that or what?" She bit her lip wrapping her arms around Ari's waist.

"Maybeee."

"Fuck a maybe show me what I been missing." Onika grinned kissing the girl. Ari stood off the locker wrapping her arms around her neck.

"I missed you my heart."

"Oh yea?" Ari said against her lips. Onika nodded her head cupping the girl by her ass. She gave her a tight squeeze and nodded her head.

She needed this bad.

"You should pull up later." Onika spoke, she didn't think her mom would mind. Shit she needed to break her bed in anyway.

"I just might—." Ari's voice went low as she stared at something behind her. Onika smacked her lips turning around to see Beyoncé walking down the hallway.

Her eyes were trained on the girls. She didn't even try to look away. She had a mug on her face sizing Ari then Onika. As if she were disgusted with the relationship. Onika rolled her eyes turning back around and pulling Ari closer.

"She always doing that weird one like I won't pop her." Ari mumbled playing with Onika's chain.

"Chill bro. Your trippin." She would never let Ari put a finger on Beyoncé.

Whether they didn't fuck with each other or not. Their moms were best friends so Onika knew she had to protect hers. Or she'd get her ass beat by her mama and that would be worse than anything anyone could ever give her.

But that was all that was it.

"Come on and show me around." Ari nodded grabbing onto her hand as she showed Onika the school.

The school looked small on the outside but was huge on the inside. As Ari showed her around she was looking for places to smash in. There was a few closets storage rooms. She was just marking it off in her head as they went.

Once Ari was done showing her around. They had a small make out session by the vending machine before Ari walked her to her class. She had trigonometry and wanted to kill herself.

Onika was no dummy which people always found surprising when they got to know her. She just looked like the type of kid to start selling dope and drop out.

Which don't get her wrong she definitely was. She hates school with a passion but wasn't willing to drop out and disappoint her mom. She already was showing her ass in New York she had to get serious now.

When she was in Brooklyn she had the time of her life. She was dealing and not the proper way either. She was at every party totin guns and messing with any female. They thought she was done for the summer but she had to show her ass like a plumber one more time.

Walking into her Trig class she was annoyed all over again. Who else would have trig other than beyonce? They eyed each other as Onika spoke to the teacher who went over his seating chart.

"I knew you were coming so I made sure to add you. We're seated alphabetical so, your next to Lewis." Who of course was seated by Beyoncé.

At least they didn't have to share a spot.

Taking her seat Onika tried her hardest not to peak over at the blonde but she couldn't help it. Blonde looked good on her, really good on her. Even the way she dressed now Onika would be a fool to lie and say she didn't get finer.

Letting out a huff she grabbed her notebook and pencil. Ready to take some notes, she tried to focus on that more than Beyoncé.

It felt impossible.

Her eyebrows furrowing as she glanced to right. Staring at that perfect side profile, her freckles her everything. Onika missed her best friend but she had to stand on what happened. Onika was staring so hard the bell had rung and she had no notes.

"Shit." She mumbled gathering her things.

——

Thoughts?

Onika?

Beyonce?

Ari?