"Just STOP."⛔️

requested by: ReadingCauseWhyNott

"Maybe an angsty one shot were Nick and Charlie have a bad argument or something?"
:)

Charlie's pov:

I'm a horrible person. Nick has been so kind and understanding these days. He knows I haven't been eating well and I've been feeling sad, but I hate that he walks around eggshells when he's with me. He doesn't bring up anything about food or other subjects, I'm guessing because he thinks it'll make me feel worse but it's worse when he can't talk freely because of me.

Flashback

"What did you do today?" I ask while looking up at him. He continues to play with my hair.

"I went with my mom to the mall! we shopped a bit and ate-" he stops playing with my hair, I sigh annoyed.

"It's fine Nick." I say honestly irritated, I think he thinks I'll break if he says the word food.

Present

I'm scared all sees is just a mental ill person. I'm scared he won't be himself around me anymore. I'm scared that he'll leave me because of all of my issues.

————-
Nick❤️. 2:34 pm

Coming over in 15 xx

xx

————————

Damn it. Is it bad if me to say I kind of wish he wouldn't come? I mean I love him but I do not like how "careful" he tries to be around me. Shit that does sound bad.

"Charlie we're going to tesco what do you want me to bring to eat?" I hear my mom call down from the kitchen.

"I'm going to get food with Nick." I scream slightly hoping she heard me.

"Ok"

I hear the front door close and I let out a breath of relief. Surprise surprise, my mom still doesn't know how bad it's gotten. Whatever it's not like I can talk to her about it. She'll just get angry and start yelling like a mad man.

I hear knocks on the door and I rush downstairs to open it.

"Hi!"

"Hi"

I move out the way so he steps inside, he comes in and hugs me. Even his hugs aren't as tight as before. Does he genuinely think I'll break under his touch?

Upstairs in my room we cuddle together and he takes out his laptop to watch a movie. The movies really interesting and I love it.

"Just make sure you buy something to eat" the main character in the movie says, Nick immediately clears his throat and pauses the movie.

"Sorry." He says while going back to Netflix to find another movie. I sigh angered with myself and him.

"stop" I say quietly under my breath. He sits up and looks at me with his head tilted.

"Stop what?"

"Stop." I say a bit louder now.

"Charlie." He once again touches my hand slightly as if I'll disintegrate forever.

"Just STOP." He flinched slightly at my words. He immediately takes his hands away and I feel myself get hot and my face get hotter.

"STOP treating me as if I'm some child who can't deal with ANYTHING." He looks at me hurt, god why can't I control my emotions.

"What?" His voice cracks as he looks up and down at me. I get up and start pacing the room while staring at him.

"STOP WALKING ON EGGSHELLS AROUND ME. STOP TOUCHING ME AS IF ILL DISAPPEAR IF YOU DO. AND FOR FUCK SAKE STOP CENSORING NORMAL FUCKING WORDS NICK. I CAN HANDLE HEARING THE WORD FOOD."

The words leave my mouth faster than I'd want them to. I'm literally mouth vomiting and I fucking hate it so much. He's just trying to help but im so annoyed.

Annoyed about the fact that because of me he has to censor himself.

He scoffs as his mouth hangs open.

"Are you kidding me? IVE BEEN DOING THAT FOR YOU. YOU CHARLIE. BECAUSE YOU HAVENT EATEN, YOU REFUSE TO TALK ABOUT ANYTHING AT ALL. IM TRYING TO HELP YOU."

I feel tears roll down my cheeks.

Why can't I stop crying

"NO YOUR NOT. YOUR DOING THIS FOR YOU. BECAUSE YOU CANT BEAR HAVING TO DEAL WITH ME. AND YOU KNOW WHAT? YOU DONT HAVE TO. BECAUSE IM NOT YOUR RESPONSIBILITY." I start to breath faster as I finally get all of my feelings out.

He stares at me in disbelief.

What did I just do.

He scoffs at me again as he gets up and gets his belongings. I fall to the floor against the wall and begin crying. I close my eyes as I think about what I have done. Suddenly I feel pair of hands wrap around my body.

I flinch a little. I thought he left.

I relax in his arms as I continue to cry. He rocks us back and forth as he plays with my curls. He kisses the top of my head as I try to control my emotions.

"I don't  want to feel like this anymore." I sob into nicks chest. I don't know why I'm losing it like this. This isn't like me.

"I'm sorry I'm so sorry" Nick begins to rock us back and forth again.

"It's okay char. It's all okay." He whispers slightly as I hear his voice crack.

————-

I lay down on the bed with him silent. Scared of what he thinks of me now.

"I'm sorry Nick. I know you try to help me. You really help me with everything it's just..it's a lot-n-not you it's me. I'm just.. too much."

He laughs a little before bringing me in and giving me a forehead kiss.

"I know. I'm sorry you're right I shouldn't treat you like  you can't handle it .your strong of course you can handle anything. I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry." I say again before resting my head on his shoulder

————

970 words