Strangers>fake lovers>lovers(2)

Cvnty_b1tch
Charlie's pov:

"You should sit down." My voice cracks uncontrollably. It's hard to tell somebody else bad news when you have yet to really comprehend it yourself.

He hesitates but sits down on the sofa any ways. Lady sits down on the sofa in between us, she goes up to him and nick begins to scratch her back. That's really surprising since lady doesn't like anyone but me and Tori.

My legs starts to bounce up and down from anxiety, god is the room hot or is it just me? Nick notices how anxious I am and gets his worried-face. Even though I barely know him, whenever Tristen would do something dumb or get drunk-I would always notice his worried face. No matter how hard he tries to hide it, it's inevitable.

"Uh, what's going on?"

I start to feel like I can't breathe. It genuinely feels like somebody is choking me. I start to breathe harder.

"Uh-he-left-I-god I can't-breathe-oh-I-sorry." I stutter over my words and the room starts to spin. Why can't I breathe.

Come on Charlie just breathe.

"Charlie? Charlie it's okay. Charlie look at me." I feel his hands on my knees, he rubs them slowly as I struggle to face him.

"Charlie look at me and try to match my breathing okay? Nothing is going to happen you are safe here. Here, squeeze my hands."

I take his hand and start squeezing it as I try to get control of my breathing.

~

"I'm so sorry." I take my hand away from his and wipe them on my shorts. My hands are still shaking but everything is else is better.

"Don't apologize Charlie. It's not your fault at all. What's going on?" He looks at me with puppy dog eyes, he has so much golden retriever energy.

I sigh before hesitating to speak, "I can't- just-here." I open my phone and click on the photos. My eyes slowly gaze over photos of me and a Ben and I clear my throat before clicking on the screenshots.

"I'm sorry." I say before I show him my phone, he takes a look at me before taking the phone.

" I say before I show him my phone, he takes a look at me before taking the phone

"What-'come over nick isn't home'? What- what is this?"

I look at him as his eyes glaze over with tears. One threatens to fall but he blinks it back.

"He-sent that to- t-to Ben..he- they were cheating.. on-us."

I finally see a tear fall down his cheek. Lady starts to climb on him to lick his tears.

"I'm so sorry." I lean over to take lady off of him and I hug him. I hear him sniffle and I feel his tears go through my shirt. He pulls away from the hug to look at me.