Two Lines pt 2

A/N This first scene is probably my fav thing I've ever writen so hope you guys like it x

Taylor's POV

"Hey guys, um... there's something I need to tell you, and it's not exactly about the music."

"Oh God, please don't say you're retiring. I can't handle another existential crisis today." Jack, my producer/best friend says without looking up still playing the synth.

"Yeah, if you're moving to a cabin in the woods to write folk songs with just a ukulele, I'm out." Says Aaron also barely glancing up.

I roll my eyes smirking, "Okay, first of all, I'm not moving to a cabin. Second, it's way bigger than that. So... I'm pregnant."

Jack snorts, "Pfft, yeah, okay. And I'm getting a Nobel Prize in synth wizardry. Very funny, Tay."

Aaron is still plucking the guitar but raises an eyebrow, "Wait, are you serious? Like, pregnant-pregnant?"

I grin enjoying their reactions, "Yeah, pregnant-pregnant. You're looking at the future mom of a little Swift-Kelce."

Jack looks up eyes wide open almost dropping the synth on the floor in shock, "HOLY SHIT! Wait, like, Travis Kelce?! You and the human wrecking ball are having a baby? Oh my God, I did not see this coming."

Aaron chuckles shaking his head, "Well, that's going to be one hell of a genetically gifted kid. Athlete and musician... it's like if someone put Bruce Springsteen and LeBron James in a blender."

"Yeah, it's pretty wild, right? Travis is already talking about football drills and baby cleats. Meanwhile, I'm just trying to wrap my head around the fact that I'm going to be a mom." I say laughing.

Jack leans back on the couch smirking, "Okay, but real talk—how did this happen? Were you guys like, 'Hey, let's do this,' or was it a 'whoops, guess we're parents now' situation?"

I give him a deadpan.

"Wow, Jack, way to be tactful."

Aaron laughs, "He does have a point, though. Was this planned or, you know, a happy accident?"

I sigh dramatically.

"Okay, it wasn't exactly planned, but we're both really excited. And by 'excited,' I mean Travis is already trying to figure out how early you can start throwing a football to a baby."

Jack snorts, "Classic. Kid's gonna come out running routes before they can walk. Also, wait—does this mean you've had sex? Taylor Swift, having sex?! My innocent brain can't process this!"

I theatrically mock gasp, "Oh no! Jack, cover your ears! Yes, I've had sex. Shocking, I know. Turns out, rock stars and football players get up to some stuff."

"Taylor Swift, national treasure, icon of innocence, and now—baby mama? I'm scandalized. Next thing you know, you'll tell me you're gonna name the baby something scandalous like... 'Touchdown Swift-Kelce.'" He says feigning horror.

"Touchdown Swift-Kelce has a nice ring to it, actually. Or Blitz Kelce. Think about it." Aaron smirks.

I shake my head laughing, "I'm not naming the baby after football terminology. But I'm going to need you both for babysitting duty, so start practicing your lullaby skills."

Jack grins mischeviously.

"Oh, I got you. I'll teach the kid all about synthesizers and make them a little music prodigy by age three. I'll get them on the drum machine before they can even say 'mom.'"

"Yeah, and I'll teach them all the sad, introspective chords. You know, just in case they want to write moody folk songs like their mom." Aaron smiles.

"Perfect, you two can raise the kid into a brooding, synth-loving, football-playing artist. What more could I want?" I tease.