The Thirteenth (Two Lines Pt 3)

A/N Since this is my thirteenth chapter I had to reference thirteen as much as I could. With all said and done here's Chapter 13 and buckle up because it's gonna be as adorable as I can try to make it. 

P.S This is set when Taylor is 9 months pregnant so a sequel to Two Lines pt 2 

Taylor's POV

It was a little after midnight on the 13th when I first felt the familiar pangs. I wasn't panicking, but there was this tingling in the air, like the universe had planned this day just for us. The 13th. My lucky number.

I turned over in bed to see Travis, completely sprawled out beside me, peacefully unaware of the mini earthquake that had just rattled through my lower back. Part of me wanted to let him sleep — but then another wave hit. This one was stronger.

"Trav," I whispered, nudging him gently at first, then a bit harder. "Trav, it's happening."

He groaned, half-asleep, and rolled over to look at me. His hair was a mess, and his eyes were bleary. For a split second, he looked confused, like he didn't quite register what I'd said.

"Happening?" he mumbled. Then it hit him. "Wait — happening happening?"

"Yep." I nodded, trying to keep calm as another contraction began to brew. "We're having a baby today."

Suddenly, he shot up like someone had sounded the alarm for a game-winning play. "Wait, NOW? We're — okay, okay. Bags. Keys. Hospital. Okay, breathe." He was already fumbling out of bed, grabbing things, tossing them in every direction.

"Travis!" I couldn't help but laugh through the contraction. "We've been packed for two weeks. Just breathe." I love him and he's cute even when he gets stressed out about something and immediately starts frantically trying to do it.

But he wasn't hearing it. He was in full-on panic mode, and it was kind of adorable, actually. As I slowly sat up, focusing on breathing through the pain, he was running around like he was gearing up for a Super Bowl drive. The bags were thrown over his shoulder, his phone was in his hand, and his energy was all over the place.

But then, he stopped and turned to me. In one deep breath, the chaos melted away from his face, and suddenly, it was just us.

"Are you okay?" His voice softened. He knelt by my side, taking my hand in his. His huge, warm hand.

"I'm good," I said, my voice shaky but certain. "We're good."

And we were.

The car ride was a blur of neon city lights flashing by, my breath coming in shallow bursts as the contractions slowly began to intensify. Travis had one hand on the wheel and the other gripping mine, his knuckles white as he squeezed tighter with every bump in the road.

"You're doing amazing, Tay," he kept saying, even though I hadn't really done anything yet. "You're crushing it."

I squeezed his hand back, partly because I loved him for being so sweet, and partly because the contractions were starting to get really bad. And fast.

"Just focus on the road," I said, gritting my teeth through another one.

"Right. The road." He glanced at me out of the corner of his eye. "But if you need anything, or if you wanna stop, or if you —"

"Travis, seriously. Just get us there."

He nodded, eyes back on the road. "Okay. We're almost there. You got this. We got this."

By the time we got to the hospital, I was in full labor mode. The contractions were coming hard and fast, and my legs felt like jelly as they wheeled me through the entrance. The nurses and doctors were amazing, of course. They knew exactly what to do, where to take us, and how to get me settled in.