Just Stay With Me

A/N @VictoriaVanorden2 - here u go x

 Taylor's POV

 The cramps hit me hard this month. They always do, but tonight, they were especially brutal. It felt like a tiny army was marching around in my uterus, and to top it all off, my head throbbed with one of the worst migraines I've had in months.

I was curled up in bed, trying to breathe through the pain, clutching a heating pad to my stomach like my life depended on it. The lights were off, the curtains drawn tight, and even the faintest noise felt like it could split my head open. But the worst part was that no matter how much I tried to focus on something else, the cramps wouldn't let up.

Travis was somewhere in the kitchen, and I didn't want to bother him. He'd had a long day, and I didn't want him to feel like he had to take care of me. I mean, it wasn't like this was the first time I'd had to deal with bad cramps.

But then, I heard his footsteps coming down the hallway, and before I knew it, he was standing at the edge of the bed, looking at me with this mix of concern and determination.

"Hey, babe, how you feeling?" he asked, his voice soft as if he knew even speaking too loudly would make the migraine worse.

I didn't have to answer for him to know. I could barely open my eyes, and when I did, I must've looked like a total wreck.

"It's bad, huh?" he asked quietly, sitting down next to me, brushing a strand of hair off my face.

"Just a little," I muttered, my voice strained. "Cramps... and my head... it's killing me."

Without another word, he was up again. I heard him rummaging through the medicine cabinet and returning with a glass of water and some painkillers.

"Here, take these," he said, holding the glass out to me. I tried to sit up, but even that felt like a monumental effort. Travis noticed immediately, gently lifting my shoulders so I could take the pills without moving too much.

Once I swallowed them, he laid me back down and pulled the covers over me again. The heating pad had slipped off, so he carefully readjusted it before turning to the bedside table where he'd already placed a few things I hadn't even noticed before—a cold compress for my head and a cup of peppermint tea.

"You didn't have to—"

"I know," he cut me off, his smile soft. "But I want to."

He handed me the cold compress, and the second I pressed it against my forehead, some of the tension in my head started to melt away. Travis took a seat on the floor by the bed, resting his chin on the mattress so he could stay close without crowding me.

"You need anything else? Heating pad okay?" he asked, his tone still so gentle, like he was handling something fragile.

I shook my head, closing my eyes again. The heating pad was as helpful as it was going to be, but it was really Travis's presence that made everything feel more bearable. I didn't feel like I was alone in this misery, and that was everything.

"Just... stay?" I whispered, my voice small.

"I'm not going anywhere," he promised, his hand finding mine beneath the covers. His thumb traced small circles against my palm, the kind of soothing touch that somehow made the cramps less sharp and the migraine less suffocating.

For a while, neither of us spoke. Travis just stayed with me, quiet and steady, his thumb continuing its gentle movements. Even though the pain wasn't gone, it felt more manageable with him there.

Travis' POV

I hated seeing her like this.

Taylor was strong, stronger than most people gave her credit for. But when her cramps and migraines hit, it knocked her down, and there wasn't a damn thing I could do about it except be there. So that's what I did.

After making sure she had her meds and was settled in with the heating pad, I tried to figure out what else I could do. She wasn't one to complain, not even when I could tell she was in serious pain. But I'd gotten pretty good at reading her, and right now, she needed me to just stay close, even if it was just me sitting here and not doing much.

I stayed next to the bed, holding her hand, watching the tension in her body slowly ease as the painkillers started to work. She had her eyes closed, her forehead still pressed against the cold compress. I hated that there wasn't some magic trick to take all the pain away instantly, but I knew the little things helped.

It had taken me a while to figure out what she needed during these moments. At first, I thought maybe I should be doing more—running out to get all kinds of remedies or calling a doctor—but Taylor had taught me that sometimes the most helpful thing I could do was just be there. No grand gestures, just... presence.

I glanced at her, watching as her chest rose and fell with slower breaths now. It looked like the pain was easing a little, but I wasn't taking any chances.

I leaned my head against the side of the bed, my fingers still laced with hers. "I was thinking... once you're feeling better, we should plan a getaway. Just you and me, somewhere quiet."

"Mmm," she murmured, eyes still closed but a small smile forming on her lips. "That sounds good."

"Somewhere with no cramps or headaches allowed," I added, trying to make her smile even more.

She gave a soft laugh, the kind that told me she was starting to feel just a tiny bit better. "Deal."

We sat there in the quiet for a while longer. I didn't need to do anything else. Just being close to her, feeling her relax, knowing that I was helping in some way—that was enough.

Eventually, I heard her breathing slow, and I knew she was starting to drift off. I stayed still, making sure she was comfortable before gently kissing her hand.

"Sweet dreams, babe," I whispered. "I'll be here when you wake up."

And I meant it. Always 

A/N Hope you guys dropped liked this chapter will drop another one soon, how you you feel about wedding content? xxx