Your journey

Chapter 28: your journey

As Y/N walked out of the venue, her heart was still racing from the Q&A. Typically, she would head straight to the car, but today felt different. The air buzzed with excitement, and as she stepped outside, a small group of fans spotted her, their faces lighting up with joy.

“Y/N!” one of them called, breaking through the crowd. “We love your music!”

Y/N froze for a moment, surprised by their enthusiasm. It was one thing to perform with her siblings or engage with fans through social media, but to have people recognize her for her own music was something entirely new.

“Can we take a picture?” another fan asked, eyes wide with excitement.

“Of course!” Y/N replied, her heart swelling with warmth. She stepped closer, posing with the group, their smiles infectious.

“Thank you for sharing your story,” one fan said, sincerity in their eyes. “It really helps to know we’re not alone.”

Y/N felt a rush of gratitude. “I’m so glad my music connects with you. That means the world to me.”

They chatted for a few minutes, sharing laughs and exchanging stories. The fans expressed their admiration, and Y/N listened intently, her heart full. This was what she had hoped for—real connections with people who understood her struggles.

After taking a few more photos, Y/N felt a sense of euphoria. She turned back to her siblings, who were waiting by the car, smiles on their faces.

“Did you see that?” she said, her voice brimming with excitement. “They’re actually fans of my music! It felt incredible!”

Billie and Finneas joined her, pride shining in their eyes. “You have your own fans, Y/N. That’s amazing!” Finneas exclaimed.

As they got into the car, Y/N couldn’t help but reflect on the experience. “I never realized how meaningful it would be to connect with them like that. It feels different from just being Billie and Finneas’s sister.”

“Because it’s your journey now,” Billie said, her tone serious yet warm. “You’ve worked hard to create your own path, and it’s beautiful to see that recognized.”

Y/N smiled, the earlier worries fading away. “I really want to keep connecting with them, sharing my music and my truth.”

As they drove away, the exhilaration from the interaction lingered in the air. Y/N knew that, despite the challenges ahead, she was ready to embrace her identity as an artist and continue sharing her voice.

With her siblings by her side and a growing community of fans behind her, she felt a newfound sense of purpose. The journey was just beginning, and for the first time in a long while, Y/N felt hopeful about what lay ahead.