happy

Chapter 29: happy

As the car pulled away from the venue, Y/N’s mind buzzed with excitement. She turned to Billie and Finneas, her eyes sparkling. “Can you believe it? I actually have fans! This feels surreal.”

Billie laughed, her eyes warm with pride. “You deserve every bit of that excitement, Y/N. Your music is amazing, and people are connecting with it because it’s real.”

Finneas nodded, his expression serious. “You’ve worked hard to carve out your own space in the industry. Those fans see that, and they appreciate your authenticity.”

Y/N leaned back in her seat, a smile still etched on her face. “I want to keep sharing my story through music. It’s so freeing.”

When they arrived home, the atmosphere felt electric. Y/N dashed inside, a renewed sense of energy propelling her forward. She grabbed her guitar and settled in the living room, eager to get back to writing.

“What’s on your mind?” Billie asked, watching as Y/N’s fingers danced across the strings.

“I want to write a song about today,” Y/N said, inspiration flooding her thoughts. “About connection and being true to yourself. Maybe I can incorporate what I felt talking to those fans.”

“That’s a great idea,” Finneas encouraged. “You’ve got a lot of emotions to work with. Let it all out.”

As Y/N began strumming a melody, the lyrics flowed naturally. She poured her heart into the song, capturing the joy, the struggle, and the sense of belonging she felt earlier.

Billie and Finneas exchanged glances, their pride swelling as they listened to Y/N’s words take shape. The room filled with the sound of her voice, raw and beautiful, echoing the theme of hope and connection.

After a while, Y/N paused, her fingers resting on the strings. “What do you think? Does it resonate?”

“It’s incredible,” Billie said, her voice filled with admiration. “You’ve captured exactly what you experienced. It’s powerful.”

Finneas added, “We should record this. It deserves to be shared.”

Y/N beamed at their encouragement. “Really? You think it’s ready?”

“Absolutely,” Billie replied. “Let’s do it together.”

They set up the recording equipment, Y/N’s heart racing with anticipation. As they began to record, the room filled with a sense of camaraderie, each note a testament to their bond as siblings.

After they finished, they played back the recording, and Y/N felt tears prick at her eyes. “I can’t believe we did that together. It feels so… personal.”

“It is personal,” Finneas said softly. “And that’s what makes it special. You’re sharing a part of yourself with the world.”

As they sat together, discussing potential tweaks and edits, Y/N felt a sense of accomplishment. She was no longer just the younger sister of two famous artists; she was carving out her own identity, one note at a time.

Later that evening, they settled in for another movie night, a comfortable routine developing. As the credits rolled, Y/N found herself reflecting on how much had changed in such a short time.

“I can’t wait to share this new song,” she said, her voice filled with excitement. “It feels like a new chapter for me.”

Billie smiled, reaching for Y/N’s hand. “We’re with you every step of the way. Just remember, it’s okay to take your time.”

“Yeah,” Finneas added. “You don’t have to rush into anything. Just let your music unfold naturally.”

Y/N nodded, feeling grateful for their support. “Thanks for believing in me.”

As they turned off the TV, the warmth of family enveloped them. Y/N felt more certain than ever that she was ready to embrace this journey, one song and one fan interaction at a time. With Billie and Finneas by her side, she knew she could face whatever challenges lay ahead.