lost spark

Chapter 5: lost spark

As Y/N sat between Billie and Finneas, the warmth of their presence wrapped around her like a safety net, but it did little to fill the hollow ache inside. Her heart felt heavy, and as the moments passed, she couldn’t shake the emptiness that had settled in her chest.

Billie noticed the way Y/N’s eyes seemed distant, the usual spark dimmed behind a veil of worry. “Hey,” she said softly, tilting Y/N’s chin to meet her gaze. “What’s going on in that head of yours?”

Y/N shrugged, trying to muster a smile, but it felt forced. “I don’t know. I guess I just feel… empty. Like I’m not sure who I am anymore.”

Finneas frowned, his brow furrowing. “What do you mean? You’re still you, Y/N. Just because of what others say doesn’t change that.”

“I know,” Y/N replied, her voice wavering. “But sometimes it feels like I’m just this image people created. Like I’m not really seen. It’s like I’m just here for the drama, the headlines. I don’t want to be that.”

Billie’s expression softened, a mixture of concern and empathy. “You’re so much more than what they think, Y/N. You’re a brilliant musician, a kind soul, and you have so much to offer. Those comments don’t define you. They don’t know the real you.”

Y/N sighed, running her fingers through her hair. “I just don’t know how to prove that to myself. Every time I see those comments, I start to believe them, even if I know they’re wrong. I feel lost.”

Finneas shifted closer, his voice steady. “You’re not lost. You’re figuring things out, and that’s okay. We all go through moments like this. It’s part of growing up, especially in this world where everyone has an opinion about you.”

Y/N glanced down at her phone again, the screen still lit with the remnants of hateful comments. She felt a wave of nausea hit her as she remembered the cruel words. “It’s just so much to carry,” she admitted, her voice barely above a whisper.

Billie wrapped an arm around her shoulders, pulling her close. “You don’t have to carry it all alone. Lean on us. We’re here for you, always.”

Y/N closed her eyes, letting Billie’s words wash over her. But even with the support of her siblings, the emptiness lingered, echoing in the back of her mind. She took a deep breath, trying to ground herself. “I guess I just need some time to process everything.”

“Take all the time you need,” Finneas replied, his tone gentle. “And remember, it’s okay to feel what you’re feeling. Just don’t let it swallow you whole.”

“Yeah,” Y/N murmured, her voice thick with emotion. “It’s just hard to shake off. I want to be strong like you both. I want to handle this better.”

Billie smiled softly, brushing a stray hair behind Y/N’s ear. “Strength doesn’t mean you have to be invincible. It means allowing yourself to feel, to be vulnerable, and to ask for help when you need it.”

Y/N nodded slowly, her heart aching with the weight of her emotions. “I just wish I could see myself the way you both see me. It feels like I’m stuck in this dark place.”

“You will,” Finneas assured her. “We’ll help you find your way back to the light. And in the meantime, focus on the things you love—the music, the moments we share. Let those be your anchor.”

With a small smile, Y/N looked up at her siblings, their expressions filled with unwavering support. “Thank you. I don’t know what I’d do without you both.”

Billie squeezed her shoulder gently. “You’ll never have to find out. We’re in this together.”

In that moment, as they sat in the quiet of her room, Y/N felt a flicker of hope beneath the heaviness. It wouldn’t be easy, but with Billie and Finneas by her side, she knew she could start to reclaim the pieces of herself that had felt lost. She took a deep breath, letting the warmth of their presence seep into her soul, grounding her as she began to navigate the storm swirling within.