Chapter Twenty Two: Master Of The Mansion

'What's a Hashira?' Tanjiro asked fulled with curiosity, the Kakushi explained that the Hashira are the most powerful and high ranking swordsmen of the Demon Slayer Corps, with that knowledge Tanjiro and Nezuko quickly got on one knee, closed their eyes and bowed their heads to show their respect. One of the Hashira a flashy looking, red eyed, white haired shinobi expressed his disappointment in seeing Tanjiro, when he heard that a member of the Twelve Kizuke was slayed, he expected that the slayer who achieved this feat to be a more flashy and flamboyant person. Another Hashira a man with long blond hair with red tips and wearing a white haori with red flame patterns declared that Tanjiro will be a strong Hashira someday. While a female Hashira with pink hair and green eyes dressed in a white haori was stunned that Tanjiro had faced a member of the Twelve Kizuke to protect his little sister and was amazed by their sibling love.

'Raise Demon Slayers, you will give your report once the Oyakata arrives' said Shinobu. Tanjiro and Nezuko were surprised to find out that Shinobu is among one of the Hashira. As the siblings got up they looked around for Zenitsu, Inosuke or Murata but they couldn't find them.

Among the Hashira was a giant blind monk who for some reason was crying endlessly, the monk said on kind prayer for the siblings, while on top of a tree sat the oddest looking Hashira man with mismatched eyes and a long black and white striped haori had questioned Giyu and demanded to know why he didn't kill the Lower Moon Five. So it turns out that Giyu the Demon Slayer that found them two years ago is also a Hashira.

The Hashira that got Tanjiro's attention the most was a teenage boy with long black hair with mint green highlights and mint green eyes, and the reason why he caught Tanjiro's attention so much?....the other boy looked just like him!.It was so strange and uncanny, they could pass as brothers!. Tanjiro wondered if they could be related. The maroon Demon Slayer tried to use the transparent world to see and find out but he couldn't do it, all he saw was bones organs, blood cells and other structures. Tanjiro seriously wondered how his father does it...how was he able to use the transparent world to figure out of certain people were related?. Tanjiro needed to train and practice with the transparent world much more.

___________________________

Shortly after they were joined by a man with white hair and purple eyes dressed in a short white haori and scars all over his body, the man had a deranged look in his eyes that the siblings found disturbing.

'So you're the maroon Demon Slayer that everyone is talking about,i can't wait to hear how you killed that demon.' The man said.

Shortly after, the leader of the Demon Slayer Corps the Oyakata had arrived. He was a blind and sickly looking man, he was guided by his two aides as he made his way towards the Hashira.

Oyakata sama commented on the beautiful weather and said that he was pleased that they had all made it to their semi-annual meeting, the man's appearance made the siblings worry about the his health and well-being, then the siblings saw the Hashira bowing to the master so they didn the same. The man with the scars all over his body was the first to speak. He eloquently offered his greetings to Oyakata sama and he was pleased about seeing him in good health and he was wishing him good fortune through continual prayers. This dismayed the girl with pink hair who wanted provide her own similar greetings to the master, now that everyone has arrived, Oyakata sama asked Tanjiro and Nezuko to give their report of what happened on MOUNT NATAGUMO. The siblings had stated their full names and explained their story of what had happened on the mountain, everyone was amazed and impressed by Tanjiro's strength and how he was able to single-handedly defeat and kill the Lower Moon Five of the Twelve Kizuke, they were also impressed by Nezuko's courage and how she was able to stand her ground against Rui until help arrived, and they were in disbelief when they heard that the Tsugikuni siblings had met Muzan Kibutsuji, the Hashira had never even crossed paths with Kibutsuji. The Shinobi asked about Muzan's appearance and powers, while the green eyed boy asked if they had fought the Demon Lord. The man with the scared body tried to grab Tanjiro by the hair and bombard him with questions but Tanjiro swiftly grabbed his hand, and after getting a good look at him, Tanjiro wondered if this man was related to the boy with the mohawk from Final Selection because they looked very similar and were both very aggressive and hot headed men. Tanjiro did the same thing that he did to that boy back in Final Selection and he started to squeeze the man's hand, that is when the Oyakata intervend demanded that everyone calm down. Once they finished giving their report, Nezuko explained how she and her brother are worried about the master's health and she asked if she can help, she explained that her flames are not only for self defense but that they can also heal the sick and injured. The Oyakata accepted allowing Nezuko to treat him. Oyakata had burst into flames but oddly it didn't hurt, Nezuko's healing flames felt just like swimming in a nice hot spring it felt quite pleasant. The Hashira had begun to panic, they were preparing to attack Nezuko, but they were relieved when they saw that Oyakata sama was not only ok but he was now healthier than he had ever been, he finally regained his sight and his curse mark had almost entirely disappeared except for a small patch on one of his eyes. The strain from healing the Oyakata had caused Nezuko to collapse and lose consciousness. Tanjiro rushed to pick up his sister as the Hashira ruched to their mastet's side.

'Thank you Tanjiro and Nezuko Tsugikuni' said Oyakata, the man had a very calming voice and presence. Shinobu ordered the Kakushi to assort Tanjiro and Nezuko to her Butterfly Mansion. As Tanjiro prepared to leave he and the boy with mint green eyes and green highlights got one final look at each other,he had noticed that Hashira fixaing on him, it seems like that Hashira has also noticed the uncanny similarities between them.

________________________

Author's Note: in case you are wondering,the Hashira don't know that Tanjiro and Nezuko are half-demon and that their father is the UPPERMOON One yet wich is why they weren't hostile to the siblings, but once they eventually find out, they will be having a very hard time trying to figure out what to do with them.