TPP : Chapter IX

The wind blew through her hair as she walked into the building, the weather was bad today. Cloudy and the weather woman said there was a big chance of rain. She hated rain, everything bad happened when it rained, stupid superstition that she had but it was 99% true, for her anyway. She dressed casually, a little bit to casually causing everyone to give her dirty stares but she didn't care. They all dress in suits and formal wear while she wear sweats and ugg boots, not that she had a reason to dress up anyway when all she did was sit in Aubrey's office all day. Today was a busy day for him, people were rushing in and out of his office all the time, he sent out a lot of emails and made a lot of phone calls, everything was chaotic as he said he was preparing for something called H.A.W, whatever that was. She didn't really pay attention, she felt like it wasn't really important for her to learn about since she had nothing to do with it. She sat calmly in a bean bag chair he had ordered specifically for her in the back corner of the room, she stare out the window while playing with an end of her hair. She could make out people walking the city street sidewalks, wishing that was her, not that she had an issue with the place she was at now. She just wished she could be free to do whatever, she wished she could even stand up without somebody asking her 36 questions. She watched as the cars came and went, she watched as the people walked hand in hand and some by themselves, sooner then later she watched the images come and go behind her closed eyelids.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She smiled as her skates rolled on and the music continued to play, dimples flashing and teeth shining bright. Rashad sit back with his homeboys on the sidelines while Nina skate around with Leah and Keisha, her homegirls. This was the life right here, nothing better then a Friday night out at Coach Lite Sk8 Rink, this was there thing i guess you could say, Homeboys and Homegirls got all cute and met up at the rink, they skate together, listen to music, talk, just chill. All her worries and frustration were left at the door because nothing mattered but this moment right here where she could truly genuinely smile and have the time of her life. The bass boomed and the treble clapped as the music filled the disco ball lit room, she snapped and swayed as the wheels on her skates took her around the track

"Oh, hell no...is that who i think it is?"

Rico stood up causing the whole squad to snap there attention to what he was looking at, they all stood up with there mouths dropped a little

"Son of a...bitch."

One of the boys, Cheddar Bob, had to take off his hat he was in such shock. Rico turned a little and pulled another one of the guys, Tito, by his shirt making him step forward

"Call Buster, tell him the walkers are here and to bring the equipment because things could go bad."

He released his grip on his shirt as Tito pulled out his phone from his pocket and walked away to step outside. Buster was the big guy, the guy who had all this gang crap down to a Tee, the head man and runner. The walkers were a name that was given to them for the simple reason that they walked on there turf when they knew they weren't supposed to. Mad Dawg was the first person that Rico spotted because he was the head gangster of there gang, Shadows was the official name for there gang but they all liked the walkers much better. It fit them much more. The name of there gang was blackstreet, god and Buster only knew why it was the name of there gang but names didn't really matter. What mattered now was the fact that the two most hated gangs were in a room together and the problem was that blackstreet didn't have any weapons to defend themselves, it was unexpected and it made the vibe of the fun Skating Rink go from happy to pray for your lives. Nina skated over to where the gang was seated happily, oblivious to the what was going on and why all of blackstreet was on edge.

"Baby come skate with me."

"Not right now, i need you to stay with me. Put your shoes on and come sit."

She didn't ask questions, she could tell he was nervous and tense and she knew asking questions would probably make it worse so she didn't say anything. She rolled out of the rink circle and onto the brightly colored carpet, she sat on the bench and began to take off her skates, replacing them with her yellow and white Nike Air Force 1's. She quickly laced her kicks and stood up, wrapping her hand in Rashads, feeling just a little of her nervousness vanish. The front doors busted open and a group of people walked in, looking like they were ready for war. It was the other members of the Blackstreet gang who got called in after Tito made the call to Buster. The Shadows turned to see the other members joining the group that was already there, making there attention go from laid back to on edge as well, as if they didn't know they were trespassing on Blackstreet property.

"what the hell is going on in here?"

Buster approached looking pissed, he usually was when he got a call saying that Shadow Gang was on our territory, that's usually how it went so nobody was surprised. Rico decided to step up and talk since him and Buster were cousins

"We were chillin, havin a good time, talkin to some shorties and they walked in. Nothing happened but there staring so something probably is gonna happen."

Buster turned around, instantly making eye contact with Mad Dawg, which wasn't good at all. Eye contact led to fighting, fighting led to death. She squeezed Rashads hand for reassurance but that didnt help, only more nervousness fell over her as Shadow Gang began to walk over, and before she knew it

all hell broke loose.