TPP : Chapter XLII

The weather was nice, it was warm outside with a nice breeze. Her hair blew back as her skin glistened in the sunlight, it was nice out but nice weather was the last thing on her mind. Aubrey was gone, he left with his friends to get ready, the luncheon had ended and now it was time for the celebrity softball game.

Both Chubbs and Tank were out on the field as well, they were apart of the team so she literally had no one but a few of Aubreys cousins. They didn't protect her or make her feel safe, they made her feel vulnerable and uncomfortable as they flirt with her non stop. Aubrey would look over at her and smile, he made sure she was there all the time because the last time she left... Well you know.

She was sad, Aubrey promised he would protect her, keep her safe. Since when was sitting in the bleachers with a huge crowd be considered protection. As much as she hated the security guards she wished she had them now. Aubrey told his cousins that no matter what they did she was not allowed out of there sight and if they needed to leave they had to take her with them. Before they took her they had to check in with Aubrey because not only was she his parolee but he promised he would keep her safe from Mad Dawg.

She watched him as he went up to bat, watching his arms flex as he swung the bat around for practice. He was handsome as ever in his jersey, not to mention his baseball pants made his butt look oh-so-cute. Aubrey turned his head to look back at Nina and he couldn't help but smile when he noticed how much attention she was paying to him. She watched him like he was her favorite movie, so knowing that she was watching, he had to put on a show, he had to be cocky and do his best.

The pitcher wound up his arm and released, the ball came flying down to Aubrey. He missed. Strike one. Mentally he punched himself, he had to do his best, he couldn't mess this up. Nina was watching and he had to show her that he was good at this, she had to know he was a boss at everything he did. Another miss. Strike two. He was getting frustrated so he had to take a time out, he told the referee he needed to take a second to gather his thoughts because he felt like the world was on his hands for no reason.

This was important to him for no reason other then the fact that Nina was watching.

"Yo, what's wrong?"

"I can't hit the ball."

Oliver gave him a look that said "clearly". It was pretty obvious he couldn't hit the ball because if he made one more strike that was it, the team would have to switch to outfield and nobody liked outfield. It was boring and the sun was hot as it glistened off of the grass.

"Just think of the ball as a person, think of it as the person you want to hit with a bat."

A part of Aubrey wanted to say Oliver was the person he wanted to hit simply because he was keeping him and Nina apart, but Oliver was one of his best friends so he wouldn't ever hit him.... Unless needed of course. He stepped back up to bat, he rubbed some dirt on his hands before grabbing the metal baseball bat in his hands, dirt gave everything a better grip whether you had on baseball gloves or not.

He thought about Nina at first but remembered his thoughts were based around someone he could murder at the moment, his thought quickly went from Nina to the men who wanted to hurt Nina. He thought about Nina being in love with a man who wasn't him, he thought about Nina being locked up for no reason, he thought about everybody who had hurt her In the past and before he knew it the crowd was screaming and fireworks were going off in the background.

He threw down the bat and began to run, he hit a home run and he couldn't have been more proud of himself. As he hit first base he went from a run to a jog, no point in sprinting when you already made the points. He turned his head to look for Nina as he ran to second but he couldn't find her, he looked all around the bleachers, he even searched in the dug outs but he couldn't find her and he couldn't find his cousins.

His jog turned into a sprint as he rounded third base and went back to home, he passed up the high fives and went straight to the back of the dug out.

"Chubbs, Tank. Where is Nina? Where are Nasi and Nae?"

Nasi and Nae, standing for Nassier (nah-sear) and Naeari (nay-are-e), were the twins. They were his cousins that he put in charge of Nina, he trusted them with his life so of course he could trust them with Ninas. Or so he thought, they were supposed to check in with him or Oliver if they left to go to the food stands or something like that but they didn't and that's what scared him. Nina told him that Mad Dawg was reckless, he didn't care and he would kill anybody if that meant taking Ninas life, if Mad Dawg got to Nina he would have easily killed the twins.

"I don't know, you left her with the twins. What's wrong?"

"There not there. We gotta go find her."

"Why? I'm sure she's-"

"THAT IS AN ORDER!"

He ran off, not giving the guys time to ask questions. Not that he would answer anyway, Nina didn't want anyone to know about anything because being judged was her biggest fear. She was afraid of the truth because the "truth" we're all lies. Nobody believed her when it came
To her past, nobody but Aubrey. He ran Into the locker rooms, calling out her name but when he realized she wasn't there he left. It wasn't smart because of all the fans but he didn't care. He had to find her and if that meant a mosh pit crowd, then that would have to happen, he was not losing Nina today, he was not losing her ever.

"NINA.. BABY ITS AUBREY... NINA."

Fans were screaming as he ran down the halls, he looked in every bathroom and every food stand but he couldn't find her. People followed him everywhere, takings photos but luckily the security kept them at a reasonable distance. Not that he cared, he only had one thing on his mind, well two.
One: he had to find Nina
Two: he was gonna kill his cousins when and if he found them too.

"AUBREY... AUBREY!"

He heard people calling his name but he wasn't listening until he felt arms on his shoulders, he turned around frustrated but got a rush of relief when he saw Nasi and Nae behind Chubbs, but that relief only turned into more rage as he snapped back to reality.

"What did you two idiots do?! I give you one job, one job! Where is she?!"

"I don't know, some man came and said he knew Nina from a long time ago. He said he would be done with her in a few hours so not to worry."

His heart dropped, he didn't know what that meant but it didn't sound good. He felt like shooting his cousins right there but that would have to wait, he needed to find Nina and find her fast because in a few hours she could be a dead body once again....