It's Hard To Fight When The Fight Isn't Fair

(TW - Panic Attack)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tears streamed down Taylor's face as she stood in her office, gasping for air. It felt like the walls were closing in on her, her chest tightening until she couldn't breathe. The weight of the memories, the guilt, the pain—it was suffocating.

Suddenly, the door opened, and Tree entered. "Tay, what are you—" Tree's voice cut off as she saw Taylor struggling to breathe. Panic washed over her, but she quickly rushed to Taylor's side. She knew about Taylor's panic attacks, but it had been years since the last one. Seeing her friend like this now, Tree's heart ached.

"Tay... Tay, look at me," Tree said firmly, taking Taylor's face in her hands, forcing her to focus.

Taylor's eyes, wide and glazed with fear, locked onto Tree's.

"You're fine. Everything is fine," Tree continued, her voice steady and calm. "Just take deep breaths with me, okay? In and out, nice and slow."

Tree pulled Taylor into a tight embrace, one hand gently rubbing her back. "Relax, Taylor. One breath at a time. I've got you."

Taylor clung to Tree, her breaths ragged at first, but slowly, with Tree's soothing words and steady presence, she began to calm down. The room seemed less oppressive, the panic slowly ebbing away as she focused on the feeling of Tree's arms around her.

After a while, Taylor pulled away slightly, sniffling as she wiped at her eyes. Tree kept a hand on her cheek, her gaze soft and full of concern. "Are you alright? What happened?"

Taylor hesitated, still shaken. "It was Travis. He snapped during the session, and it... it brought back some memories."

Tree's expression darkened with understanding. "You shouldn't have taken up this case, Tay. You know it's too close to what happened with Joe."

Taylor sighed, guilt and determination warring within her. "I know, but now I have, and I can't give up on him just because I can't handle my shit."

Tree gave her a small, sad smile. "You're tough, Tay. I know you want to help him get better, but please, don't get yourself worse in the process."

Taylor nodded, placing her hand over Tree's. "I'll be fine, Tree. Don't worry."

Tree squeezed her hand gently. "I can't not worry about you, so there's no use telling me otherwise."

Taylor smiled back, though it was weak. Suddenly, her eyes widened in realization. "Oh, God! Travis is still there, waiting. I should get back to him."

But Tree held her back. "Nope, you're done for the day. I'll tell Travis to come back tomorrow."

Taylor protested, "But—"

Tree cut her off, her tone firm. "No buts, Taylor. You're going home."

Taylor huffed in frustration, then relented with a slight smile. "Okay, MOM!"

Tree rolled her eyes as she moved toward the door. "Grow up, Tay."

Taylor chuckled softly, gathering her things. She felt emotionally drained but grateful for Tree's intervention. She knew she needed to take care of herself if she was going to be there for Travis.

As Taylor left her office, she felt a renewed sense of determination. She would face this, just as she had faced everything else. But for now, she needed rest. Tomorrow was another day, and she would be ready.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I know this one's really short guys but I'll make it up in the next one.

So I changed the title of all the previous chapters because I wanted titles to be meaningful:)

I hope guys enjoyed.

Thanks for reading.

Please vote and comment.