Spotless Mind

"Jermaine who's that?" I asked as I heard the lady knock again. "She probably heard you moaning and shit" he said as he put on his sweats, revealing his v-line and his abs. "You're not answering my question though." I said as I wrapped my body with his white sheet. He kissed my lips and told me to stay in here at all costs.

I stood up and locked the door in case she opens and I'm in here, I think it's his baby mama. I heard the door crack open as she got in. "I've been knocking on this door Jermaine" she said calmly as she walked in. "I need you to stay with Gabriella for this weekend and maybe the whole week." She said. "Anything else?" He asked and there was a bit of silence. "Why are you rushing me?" She asked and based on the time he takes to answer her, I'm guessing he's trying to hold peace between them.

"Can I help you with anything else?" He asked. "Come home, please, we miss you" she sighed. "Gabriella..." he interrupted her. "Don't bring my daughter in this"he said firmly and she kept quiet. "How do I explain to my parents why I didn't come over with you?" She asked. "You'll start by telling them the truth, that you cheated on me with my brother" he said and my jaw opened wide. "I never cheated with Jabari and you know this" I scrunched my face and thought about this.

Flashback

"You look familiar, I feel like we've met before" I said to him as we sat and watched the sunset. "That's crazy, from where?" Jermaine asked and I shrugged. "My dreams maybe? You're my dream man" I laughed as I grabbed his face and kissed him, the rest was history.

End of Flashback

Jabari and Jermaine are brothers? That's crazy. I heard the door struggle to open and I panicked."why is this door locked?" She asked and Jermaine asked her to leave. "I'm not leaving until you open this door Jermaine!" She raised her voice. She banged on the door and I started panicking, "Marissa, please, you're gonna wake Gabriella up!" I heard Jermaine say as he walked to the other room, probably to put down Gabriella.

I felt my heart racing, my breathing picked up the pace and my palms were sweating, she was determined to break this door down. "You're fucking bitches while I'm out here struggling with your child Jermaine!" She screamed and I heard the baby cry. She kicked the door and started banging it, I'm petrified to be honest. I opened his closet and found a spot in there where I can hide.

"If you don't stop this madness, I will call the police. You have to stop this nonsense Marissa." He shouted and I felt my body shiver. "When I catch her Jermaine?" She threatened. "Catch who? Get out" he said as he walked her out I'm guessing. I felt like crying, that was too scary, it just brought back so many memories, triggered trauma I thought I buried. I hate banging doors, I hate them with my everything.

Flashback

"You wanna go live with your dad? The very same man who abused me? Go ahead! You guys are alike anyways" I heard my mom pacing up and down the bedroom hallway. "Open this door Naledi or I'll break it down! You disrespectful piece of shit" my mom shouted at the top of her lungs. My body was shivering and my eyes were filled with tears. I made a small prayer to God, hoping he could save me from this situation before anything bad happens. "She's gonna kill me God" I cried softly as she started banging the door open.

"Mommy please" I screamed as I felt my eyes close in fear and I covered my ears. "How many times must I ask you to open this door?" She asked as she continued to bang it until it opened. She ran to me and grabbed my hair while slapping and punching my face, I couldn't do anything but beg her to stop. "I'm sorry" I pleaded but she carried on throwing me around. "You're a manipulative, conniving, evil child! You're just like them!" She yelled as she continued to beat me up

End of flashback

"Naledi?" Jermaine took me out the closet and wrapped his arms around me as I cried. "I'm sorry" he whispered as he kissed my forehead. He wrapped me with a blanket and cuddled me on his bed. "I didn't mean for that to happen" he kept trying to comfort me, I couldn't think of anything but my mother and all the crazy things she did to me when I was younger.

"I got you Naledi, I'm here" I felt better and calm as Jermaine kept reassuring me that I'm safe. I stopped shivering and I felt secure in his arms. He kissed my forehead again and stroked my arm. "You wanna talk about it?" He asked me and I shake my head as I reached for my phone. I texted Lwandle and asked her when my dad is coming back and she said Monday. "Can I stay over for the weekend?" I asked him and he nodded, "of course babe." I felt happy to spend the weekend with him, this was our first sleepover.