House of Balloons

Harry

"Singer and designer Morgan was seen out today with boyfriend and quarterback Colin Kaepernick. The two have been together for a few months now and every time we see them together we just can't get enough. They look really happy don't they-"

He shut off the TV and shook his head. He didn't want to hear the garbage. Stupid news teams all over her like she's some big news.

She is big news Harry. You know that. She always has been and always will be.

He scoffed. He was sick and tired of hearing about her and her new guy What the hell did that guy have that he didn't anyway? He got on his phone and did some researching.

Colin Kaepernick, quarterback for the San Francisco 49ers. He was twenty six. TWENTY SIX? She was into older guys now huh?

She was interested in you; and you're almost seven months older than she is.

He shook his head and kept reading. He's adopted. Fine. He was worth a lot of money but he knew that didn't matter when it came to Morgan. She wasn't a materialistic girl.

He clicked Google images. Physically what did this guy have that he didn't have?

For starters, one of his arms is the size of your head Harry.

So what? The guy had muscles; so did he. He went on scrolling. He could dress, Morgan likes that in a guy. He was taller than Harry, something could be wagered for that but he didn't think it was too serious.

So how did this guy steal his girl? What was it? He got restless and decided to go for a walk. It was cold as hell outside and it gave him a chance to breath some fresh air.

She's gone. She's gone. She's gone.

The chant was stuck in his head. He couldn't get it out. The paparazzi flickered, with their cameras as he walked down the street with his hands in his pockets. Who could he talk to right now? His phone rang. Liam.

"Hey mate, just called to remind you that we have rehearsal on thursday."

"Yeah I rememberd. Li how much of this is my fault?"

"How much of what?"

"Me and Morgan breaking up. How much of it is my fault? Really?"

"I'd say a good ninety percent."

"Ninety? Really Liam?"

"It's true. Face the facts, this was a good amount your fault. What's bringing this up now?"

"Her and him are everywhere. The news, the streets, online. It's awful."

"Awful because you're tired of seeing them, or awful because she's with him and not you?"

"Both I think."

"Just let her be happy. Isn't that what you've always wanted?"

"Yes. But I want her to be happy with me."

"I know. But maybe this one means taking one for the team ya know?"

"Like let me tear my guts out at the thought of her with him all in order to make sure she's happy?"

"That's the spirit. I gotta go mate, Sophia will be here soon. I'll talk to you later yeah?"

"Yeah, bye."

Colin

"I'm not letting you buy this for me."

"And why not?"

"Because I have my own money."

"I know, but you're my girlfriend and I want to spoil you."

"That's good but I don't need spoiling."

"Fine." He put his hands up in surrender as she smiled.

"Thank you. I'm going to go change then we can go to lunch."

"Okay." He waited till she was safely in the dressing room, placing her clothing outside of the door, him grabbing them before he made his way up to the register. He put the stuff on the counter. The older woman smiled at him for a bit too long but he didn't care. He was on a mission.

"My girlfriend is in your dressing room. You know, the short one with the long hair?"

"Of course. Does she need help?"

"No, not exactly. You see, she's really stubborn and she doesn't listen. So I was wondering if I could pay for her stuff right now."

"While she isn't looking?"

"Yeah." He pulled his wallet out and handed the woman his black card. She stared at him a bit dumbfounded for a moment before nodding and ringing up the clothing and bagging it.

She gave him his card back before pushing the bags across the counter and towards him. He smiled a thank you before walking back to where the seating area was and waited patiently for her to come out. When she did he watched as she looked for her clothes then turned and stalked toward him. Her brown eyes found the bags next to him before looking him in the eye.

"You didn't."

"I did." He stood, moving closer to her to kiss the corner of her mouth.

"Colin..." she whined.

"I want to spoil you. Don't make a big deal out of this, please. You can be a feminist another day." He grabbed her bags in one hand then her hand in his other before walking out and into the crowd of people and cameras.

Now, jewelry shopping.