Aligned

Morgan

"And you are six months along Mrs.Kaepernick?"

"Yes."

She was at the doctors office for her sonogram appointment. Colin had an away game and Sammie was visiting again so she asked her to tag along.

"And how is everything?"

"I've always thrown up but nothing else out of the ordinary."

"That's normal. So you're almost into the third trimester. Let's take a look shall we?"

She really wanted to know the sex. It was bothering her a bit. Though she had faith that it was a boy from the way it moved.

The doctor put the cold gel on her stomach, then the camera before searching a bit. Sammie was at her side, leaned against the bed by her left shoulder.

"And here is your baby...everything looks good and healthy." Sammie started squealing a bit as I breathed a sigh of relief. Everything was okay.

"It's the right size, right position and everything. Would you like to know the sex?"

"Yeah, I wanna know..."

"Well, from the way everything is positioned, I'd say it's a healthy boy."

She had a son.

Just as the doctor moved the camera a certain way, the baby's hand went up and spread out, as if it were waving at them as she took a picture.Sammie squealed again.

"Oh my god, he's smart already! Oh Morgan this is so amazing. I'm so excited..." she looked to see her best friend start to tear up.

"Sammie stop before I start crying..."

But it was too late, a tear had already slipped from her eye as she laid there.

A knock sounded at the door, the doctor went to get it, and she had almost lost her mind when she saw who it was.

"My wife is in here..." He started slowly, his deep voice lowered a few octaves.

"Baby?" She asked; hopeful and excited when came fully through the door and to her side. He smirked down at her.

"Hey..."

"What are you doing home?" He had a late game last night so she was suprised he was even here so early in the morning.

"Small injury, and besides; I had to be here for you..." she was probably starting to ruin her makeup. He chuckled.

"Why are you crying?"

"Because I'm happy that you're here."

Stupid hormones.

"No need to cry about that." He rubbed her cheek and leaned down to kiss her forehead.

"Look how big the baby has gotten." He sat then turned to study the screen for a moment. He smirked.

"Looks like a football player already."

"He is a football player." He looked back to her.

"He? I have a son? We have a son?"

"Yeah, it's a boy and he's great. Healthy." She beamed.

"Oh my God, that's....that's amazing." He stared at the screen again, his smirk getting wider. He moved his hand to grasp onto hers.

"I love you." He murmured, kissing her again.

And at that moment everything was perfectly aligned and in perspective. They were going to be parents and their baby was safe.

They were going to be okay.