Fast Times

Colin

-1 1/2 years later-

"I don't think I've ever been to a boat party before."

"No? Not at all?"

A friend of his had invited them to a party on a yacht. Since it was almost their anniversary and they hadn't been out together in a while he took her. Liam was in town for a little while so Knox was with him for the night.

"Nope. I like it though, it's really pretty out here...and scary." She sipped her champagne as she looked out onto the water.

"Scary?"

"Yeah...I mean if you fell off it would take a lot to get help. That and the sharks, I mean it's a bit terrifying."

"You think way too much into things." He smirked, grabbing her hand and tugging a bit, wrapping an arm around her waist once she was closer.

"It's good to over analyze sometimes." She smiled.

It got quiet between them, nothing but the sounds of the party behind them and the water. It was interesting how he had learned to be able to be quiet with her. How they could sit in silence and be comfortable.

And how far they had come from when they first got married. Stronger, much more confident in their ability to read one another, partners in raising their son.

And how much he loved their little family. Knox was a great kid; smart, funny, sweet, genuinely good. He never really knew that he would ever have something as amazing as this, but he did and he could do nothing but be grateful and blessed. He was happy.

But there was something else he'd like.

"What are you so deep in thought about?" She spoke up and he looked down and smiled.

"How happy I am."

"Ah, and I don't suppose I've got something to do with that?"

"You do. I'm happy being married to you and I'm happy being a father."

"You're a really great father, and an incredible husband."

"You're a great wife and a fantastic mother...which is what I've been thinking about lately."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I was thinking about if we had another kid to keep Knox company." He felt her body stiffen a bit in his hold.

"Another baby?"

"Mhm. We have room and this way the kids wouldn't be too far apart. It would be great."

"Knox is still small."

"He's two...not necessarily that small. He's a smart kid, he barely even acts like he's little."

"Where are we gonna take care of two kids? With all the stuff that we do that could be really hectic. Knox goes places with us but a newborn baby..."

"We'll make time like we do now. I see it as the baby will be born when it's not football season so I'll be there more; you'll be done with the promotion for your line. Another baby would be perfect." He liked the sound of two kids. He liked the idea of more than one baby with her.