"Breathe, Tessa."

Tessa

-

His green eyes looked into mine, bringing color to mine. "Hey," he greeted as I walked closer to him. "I've been waiting for you," he looked down at his notebook, "Tessa." Color rose to my cheeks as I introduced myself, leading him into the elevator. Meeting him brought color to my grey life. My fingers entered the code and pressed the button to the penthouse, walking back to the wall of the tight space. He was next to me, his hands gripping the railing. I looked at him, "Sorry, there's something about elevators." I remembered that Daddy said the same thing.

I agreed as the doors opened in front of us, my feet leading the both of us into the grand apartment. His eyes looked around the penthouse, ignoring my movements to the dinner table. "Can we start with AP algebra today?" He nodded, opening up his backpack and pulling out his notebook. I went upstairs to get my textbooks, my hands taking off the coat that was on my shoulders. My fingers traced the three letters that Daddy written for me, setting them onto my desk. I quickly grabbed the two textbooks, walking back downstairs.

It was a quick tutoring session since the workers came to get ready for the party. "I think we need to end this, they're getting ready for my birthday," I told him as my hand closed the textbook. He nodded, distracted as he watched the people hang a banner up. "Trevor," I whispered to him. He looked into my eyes, filling me with the bright green color. I placed my pencil down on the table, seeing as he packed his bag. As I walked him to the elevator, he offered to buy me a present for my birthday. "You don't have to, it's nothing important anyway," I answered. He nodded, pressing the elevator button to the lobby. I waved goodbye to him, watching as the elevator doors closed. My back turned, walking back to the dinner table. My eyes glanced at the two-sided banner that was hung up, watching as my name was risen to the ceiling.

My hand held the car keys, walking down the stairs to get some things that Daddy left me. I pressed my back against the elevator wall, relaxing myself to get ready for the rest of the day. My eyes closed for a bit, waiting for the elevator doors to open. When they opened, I could see Daddy's bodyguards waiting at the front of the lobby. He said he was coming home early for my birthday. I looked around for him, scanning the crowd for a man in a grey suit. My body moved through the crowd of bodyguards, shivering as the cold air hit my light sweater. I quickly walked to the car, opening up the trunk to reveal another note taped above a box. My fingers pulled the letter off of the surface, opening it to reveal more of Daddy's handwriting.

To my Tessa Grey,

It might be cold outside but stopping you from reading more of Daddy's handwriting is something that I can't do. Your grey eyes searched for me in that crowd of bodyguards knowing that I've taken the rest of the day off. Of course, I took the day off to see my baby girl turn eighteen. Daddy cannot believe his little baby girl is having her eighteenth birthday today. Happy birthday.

Daddy

I smiled, his words instantly bringing me to happiness. My hand touched the box, untying the silk fabric that was around the gift. I uncovered what was inside, revealing two new journals and a classic edition of my favorite book. A Tale of Two Cities. My thumb ran across the imprinted letters, gasping as I realized that it was real. The cold brushed my skin, making me shiver as I quickly put the books into the box, tying the silk around it. My hand shut the trunk, turning around to go back into the building. The man in front of me startled me, my hands dropping the box onto the snow covered ground. He didn't wear his usual grey suit that matched his eyes. Only an olive colored shirt that matched Trevor's eyes. It felt weird to think about Trevor, a guy that I've known for a mere hour but always crossed paths at school. Daddy smiled at me, his grey eyes chilling me into ice. "You're the complete serial killer," I joked to him as I caught my breath.

The corners of his mouth raised, "Not today, baby girl. Not today." Was he joking? There were many things that I don't know about him. Was he actually a serial killer? His eyes were darker than ever, the grey staring at me. "It's getting pretty cold outside. Let's go inside, baby girl," he picked up the fallen box. I followed him inside, looking as his back muscles shown through the thin shirt. Was he even cold? He opened the door for me, letting me into the warmth of the building. Our bodies touched as we walked into the elevator, our eyes meeting. I've always loved his eyes, how much it fits him perfectly. I blushed as he licked his lips, looking away from me. Part of me knows it's wrong to want to kiss him, but part of me wants to do badly. Once our eyes meet again, he pushed me against the wall, his lips meeting mine. I was taken back, letting him take dominance. Oh. Was this real? He held my arms above my head, his lips moving against mine. I liked his minty breath, how his lips tasted. We heard the elevator doors open to our floor, our bodies disconnecting from each other. I breathed in and out, my eyes darting around the main room. Everyone was there, watching as the elevator doors opened. "Breathe, Tessa." I did exactly what he said as I walked out, waiting for him to be right beside me. His hand clutched the box, putting it on the table with the other gifts as I walked to the group of friends that were invited.

{next part will have smut. beware 😈}