"I love you, Jamie."

Jamie

-

I opened the door to my room, my hand supporting Tessa's body as her legs wrapped around my waist. She had her head against my shoulder, sniffling as she wiped her tears away with her hand. I could see the bloodstained shirt on the wooden floor, where it was when Tessa dropped it. My hand closed the door, bringing her almost sleeping body up the stairs. I closed her bedroom door with my back, hearing the silence between the two of us. Her breathing got slower as I laid her down on the bed, her muscles relaxing as they touched the soft sheets. I scanned her body, feeling her arms fall from around my neck. My body laid next to her, feeling her arm wrap around my torso as her head pressed against my chest. "Daddy," she muttered as she hummed softly. I always grinned at her saying my name, the pleasure rising.

When I awoke, it was almost sunrise, the little light that shown through the curtains. I could hear the soft snores that came out of Tessa's mouth, her little movements she made in her sleep. My head pressed up against the pillow as I tried to move, her body latching tighter to me. I inhaled her scent as she moved away from me, taking a pillow in her arms. My body rose from the bed, walking away from her. I can't control myself. When my hand closed the door to her room, I could feel again. Everything was numb when I was with her. Unreal. My path continued to my room, my hand opening the door. The bloodstained shirt laid there, lifeless and full of regret.

"Jamie," my mother spoke as she could see my grey eyes. She rushed to me, swinging my arms to see if I was hurt. "What's wrong, James. Why are you at the hospital?" She wore her usual navy blue scrubs, distinctive to the other baby blue ones. I shook my head, breathing in as I heard the clicking machines next to me. She ran her hand through her ponytail, watching as the other doctors wheel in another patient. "Who's the girl that you brought here?" I knew she was going to ask me, her curiosity taking her to another level. My eyes looked up at her, breathing out as I focused on the white walls that covered the hospital.

I clenched my fists together, telling her that she was a friend, completely ignoring the fact that my mother would ask more questions. My head looked up again as the intercom called out for Dr. Grey, knowing that she already had another patient waiting. She pressed her lips against my cheek before leaving, swinging the stethoscope around her neck. My fingers moved my watch around, checking the time as I waited for the nurses that passed me by. I inhaled sharply as one of the nurses that talked to me came up to my chair, telling me that Leila was alright. She led me to the cot that Leila was resting in, moving the curtains so I could see her better. The nurse stood back, taking her charts in her hands, "She lost amounts of blood so she might be a little drowsy. We can check her out when she wakes up."

I waited for her to pass us before sitting in the chair that was next to the cot, watching as the machines monitored her. There was an IV attached to her arm, pushing in liquids into her body. My mother taught me to read the medical charts when she brought us to the hospital, the knowledge helping me right now. I read each line as I relaxed in the chair, the papers telling me more about her. This patient was diagnosed with depression in late August of 2014, pending therapy from Dr. Flyer. My eyes gazed at that line, feeling somewhat guilty as I thought about her being depressed after I ended our relationship. She mumbled my name, her hand shaking as she tried to touch my arm. I placed her charts back onto the desk, looking at her. She opened her eyes, fluttering the eyelashes as she woke up. "Jamie," her voice hoarse as she turned her head to me. I felt as she touched my arm, wincing as she moved the bandage that was wrapped around her wrist. "I love you, Jamie."

Tessa woke up as I walked back into the room the following morning, greeting her as she blushed. "Daddy," she mumbled before collapsing on the bed and chuckling. I sat on the bed, bringing her arms around my neck before picking her up. She buried her head into my chest, her lips leaving small kisses on my neck. I could see that her face lit up when I'm in the room, her pale complexion lighting up with color. My arms set her down on the sofa, my body straddling hers as I gazed into her eyes. She was a sight to see; her worn-out clothes that she wore yesterday, the messy hair, the bright smile. She was perfect. I could feel her arms wrap around me, her smile shining brighter as I kissed her cheek. My hands brought her legs around my waist, pulling her up so she could lean on the back of the sofa. "Good morning, Daddy," she pushed my face into hers. I felt her soft lips against mine, moving slowly as she casually bit on my lower lip.

She quickly moved off of me, sprinting off up the stairs. I breathed out, watching as the little girl bounced onto each step. My hand lifted myself off of the seating area, turning around as I heard her close the door. I moved to my room, scanning the room that was clean of the bloodstained shirt. My feet traveled to my bathroom, flicking the light on so I could see my reflection in the mirror. I ran my hand across the marks that were on my chest, feeling the scars that were there from years ago. My eyes closed, quickly walking to my closet to get ready. I slipped on the white dress shirt over my body, feeling the fabric on my shoulders. My head turned as I heard Tessa in the kitchen, chuckling as I heard one of the plates dropping. I quickly tied the grey tie around my neck, looking at the mirror that was propped in the corner. My hand slipped the suit jacket off of the hanger before exiting my room.

She had her music up on the speaker, her hips swaying to each beat before turning around. I draped the jacket onto one of the chairs before sitting down, watching as her cheeks brightened with color. After moments of waiting, she placed a plate in front of me. She sat down, not looking me in the eye, before eating her breakfast. I wiped my mouth after finishing and looked at her, taking in the color that were in her eyes. "Baby girl," I said before turning her chin towards mine. She pressed her lips onto mine, passionately kissing me. This is when I knew every feeling in my soulless body was going to change.

{this is kinda a short chapter. i'll probably have one up within this week to make it up. make sure to vote, comment, and share this fanfic. all the love}