"Is this challenging, baby girl?"

Jamie

-

I woke up to her usual breakfast that she'd make me before she left for school; cold coffee. She left a note tucked under the plate, the dark black ink bleeding through the thin paper. I smiled as I reheated the food, setting the note to the side as I bit the piece of toast. My hand turned on my phone, viewing my emails that I have gotten within the past hour. I began writing a response to one of the clients of the company, ignoring the paper that was next to my arm. My hand placed the phone back onto the counter, picking up the piece of paper after moments of staring at it. I felt the thin paper against the pads of my fingers, the urge to tear it apart breaking me down. My tongue ran across the bottom of my lip, sighing before my fingers roughly unfolded the piece of paper. Her handwriting sprawled across the thin paper, making me suck in a breath as I read it.

To my Jamie Dornan,

I hope you had an amazing sleep last night, of course I knew because I checked on you this morning. You were sound asleep and picturing you peacefully laying on the sheets is breathtaking...heart-stopping. For your information, I didn't stare at your sleeping body for mere hours before peeling my eyes off of you. You should enjoy the other notes that I have planned out for you all over the apartment, something that you should find on the way to work. If you have connections, then I have some too.

I have read the contract very carefully, placing some notes in areas where I have questions. Maybe you'll have time to answer them? The packet is placed on my bedside table, awaiting you patiently. Another thing that I'll have to point out is our unfinished interview, which I'll be finishing when I get back from school. With that, I have asked Victoria to clear out some time from your schedule to make this interview possible. Thank you for making time for me, Mr. Dornan. I'll see you some time.

From your Tessa Grey

I folded the letter, setting it next to my phone as I moved to the sink. My hands clutched the counter, leaning on it as I thought about the contract that I have given her the previous night. I breathed out, my mind thinking about her in the dream that kept on replaying in my mind. My head tilted up, imagining her appearance in my mind; wrists bound, nude, hanging by the shackles. I fixed my suit jacket, my hand clutching the letter and phone. My body traveled up the stairs, my eyes locking with the closed door at the end of the hallway. I breathed heavily as I passed the locked door, the urge to stop in my tracks and unlock the door to reveal the red that's on the inside. My eyes searched around her room, my hand picking up the printed pages that were on the nightstand. I gripped them as I searched through the rest of the drawers, seeing the untouched toy that I placed in there the night earlier when she was asleep. My fingers flipped through the pages, watching as the colored notes lined each page with questions and comments. There was a letter pinned down on her vanity; a crisp white envelope waiting patiently for me. I opened it, taking out the wore down piece of paper.

To my Jamie Dornan,

Such a tease you are with hiding your notes in places where you knew I would find easily. I thought you said that finding these discreet notes would be a challenge? Well, here's a challenge for you. There are five more notes located within the pathway of you and the company, something that I'll never reveal them to you. Good luck, Daddy.

From your Tessa Grey

I heard Tyler call from the main floor, waiting to drive me to the company. My hands clutched the packet of papers while exiting the room, my eyes catching another note pinned under her pillow. I picked the envelope up, opening it to reveal another letter inside. "Dear my Jamie Dornan," I read aloud as I sat down on her neatly made bed. "There's something about the grey. The color being revealed through your clothing, your eyes, your body. I can't really tell the true color to your eyes. When you first adopted me, I thought that they had green in them. Nevertheless, I knew inside that they mirrored mine. Even in the office when I first met you, I could feel your steel grey eyes looking at me every now and then, completely ignoring Johanna as she gushed about me. The package that you'll be receiving today is from me, if you would be wondering. It'll be waiting for you with your next letter. The only mystery is, you won't know the definite time that i'll be arriving. Good luck, Daddy. From your Tessa Grey." I closed the letter, placing it back onto her bed with the ripped envelope next to it. My body made its way downstairs, my hands clutching the contract as my eyes caught the sight of Tyler.

My breathing was heavy as I thought about her throughout the car ride there, picturing her wrists bound to the bed. I watched out the window as we passed by each structure that Tessa would look at, imagining her stopping by and visiting them. My eyes flashed as we parked in front of the building, Tyler opening the door for me. I paused to look at the grand building before entering the doors, admiring my work. Everyone greeted me as I entered my office, pleasing their boss. I pushed the door to my office open, flicking the light on. My eyes caught the white box that was sat in the middle of my desk, sending a shadow across the room. I walked to it, chuckling as I remembered Tessa's words. My hands began to open the box, "Is this challenging, baby girl?" I saw a note taped down to the bottom of the box, the envelope almost blending into the box. My fingers picked it up, opening it. The handwriting was different from hers, more jagged and rushed unlike her neat letters. "I know your secret," I read the letters that were written in ink. This wasn't Tessa. I pushed the thought aside, throwing the box on the ground. What is this?

{thanks for 2k! make sure to vote, comment, and share this story to the fellow dornan lovers out there. all the love}