"I regret it."

Tessa

-

Daddy didn't return until the next night; his eyes tired and a stain on his white shirt. I could see it as it lay on the floor when he was taking a shower, the smear of blood on his lower sleeve. My fingers ran across the colored sleeve, clutching it in my hand. This was real blood. I turned around once I felt Daddy's figure walk out of the bathroom, his towel hanging low on his waist. He could see that I was clutching his blood smeared shirt, snatching it from my hands before turning around. "Don't come in here," he ordered out. I opened my mouth to say something before shutting it, turning back around before my eyes started watering. It was silent, only the closing of his door. My eyes looked at the dark windows, watching as the light reflected off the surface.

I shut the door to my room, sliding down the wooden surface before putting my head in my hands. He never yelled at me like that before, even in the seven years that I was with him. My head turned as the device on my bed rang, my body standing up from my sitting position. I answered Trevor's call, sniffling as I wiped my tears away from my face. "Hey," he greeted, his cheery voice making me gag as I thought about the stained sleeve. I hiccuped as I answered him, trying not to sound like I was crying. "Wait, are you crying, Tessa?" I shook my head, telling him no as my hand wiped across my face. He sounded worried on the phone, asking me more questions than I could answer. "Why don't I go pick you up and we can talk about it? I'll bring Becca, too," he offered me. I nodded, quickly ending the phone call as I dropped the phone onto the bed. My hand rubbed my eyes, knowing that they'll be red once they get here. God. I looked into the mirror, seeing my red eyes and my tear-stained face.

My hand ran down the railing as I walked down the stairs, looking around for him. The whole apartment was pitch black, only the light of his room was on. I pressed on the elevator button, quickly getting into the small cube before it closed. My head banged against the elevator wall, feeling my stomach dropping as I descended down the building. I looked around the plain walls, thinking about the last time that Daddy pressed his lips onto mine. The doors opened, my eyes darting around the quiet lobby. I could see the black Mercedes that Trevor drove, Becca peeking her head from the backseat. My feet walked down the stairs, hopping into the car. They both looked at me through the dim light that was above us, seeing my red eyes. I looked down at my legs, staring at the holes that were created on my jeans. They called out my name, bringing me back to reality. "Just drive," I hoarsely whispered before leaning my head against the window.

My eyes closed for a moment as Trevor drove the three of us to a nearby diner, parking in the front. I could feel the car jolt as the engine started to stop, my body letting any force take over it. My eyes opened, feeling the green and blue irises on me. Becca's blonde head peeked out behind Trevor's black seat, "What happened, Tess?" I felt my throat go sore, disgusted in myself as I thought of Daddy. Trevor stayed silent in his seat, softly tapping his long fingers against the dashboard. "You can tell us, Tess," she whispered as her head rested on the seat. It was late, the lights of the flashing Seattle city dimming. Her blue eyes looked tired, matching Trevor's green ones and my grey ones. Becca sighed, signaling Trevor to get out of the car. His green eyes looked at me, those flashing ones that I always noticed in class. He walked into the small, empty diner, his figure tall as he stood at the counter. I turned my focus back onto my best friend, watching as she looked at me sympathetically. She breathed out, "Now that Trevor is out of the car, can you tell me?"

All that would come out of my voice box was, "I regret it." She looked at me confused, knowing that I left out a big chunk of information. My eyes started to water again as I thought about the fear of anyone knowing, my breathing getting more heavy as I tried to spill out words. I closed my eyes, letting the tears run down my cheeks. It was like a safe haven; a place that I could go whenever I don't know the destination I'm heading. I could picture Daddy. Not the last image that I could think of him; shirtless as his hand snatched the bloodstained shirt from my hands. It was him. His clean grey suit on with his usual grin as he approached me. I could feel his breath against mine as he pressed his lips softly to me. The music drowned me out, my body being held by his strong arms as he moved us around. He pressed his forehead against mine, whispering little phrases that was our relationship. I couldn't see the tiredness in his eyes anymore, only the mixture of grey and blue that made my heart swell. My heart was pounding, this fantasy of mine making me not want to go back to reality. I could stand here and listen to every beat of his heart. Each thump that his heart would make against his ribcage making me know that this was somewhat real. I didn't want to leave this place. This once upon a time when we were happy. Not the version of him being the busy CEO or me being the inexperienced teenage girl that wants her Daddy. This once upon a time when every wrong thing that we did was drowned out by our little phrases and soft music. Our once upon a time.

That fantasy left me with a small smile that I was fighting with. I could hear the rummaging of papers as I opened my eyes, seeing Becca flipping through my journal. She sat back down in her seat, turning on the light as her eyes scanned through each page that was inked with erotic writings of Daddy. I watched as she gasped and looked back at me, my eyes darting to the ground. My mind knew that I've been caught, myself feeling a hole swallowing me up. She closed the journal, her voice pausing for a bit. "I'm sorry," I whispered.

She snapped back into reality, "Why are you apologizing, Tessa?"

I rested my head on the seat, pulling one of my legs up to my chest. "This is just so wrong, Bec. I feel disgusted after realizing what I've done with him, knowing that he's my adoptive dad," I spilled out to her. She got out of the car, taking her bag with her. I rested my chin on my knee, inhaling sharply. She got back into the car, taking out her phone. "It's so wrong, I know that but it felt so right," I blurted out. She paused me, putting her hand on my shoulder while the other one unlocked her phone.

I looked at her screen, scanning the picture she had of her foster brother that came in a few weeks ago. "I kissed him last week and we're dating behind my dad's back," she said. My grey eyes looked at her, watching as she swiped to another picture. "And last night, we slept in the same bed," she showed me a picture of them together. They looked happy. Ashton, her foster brother, had the same look in his eyes as Daddy's when he looked at her. How his hazel eyes glimmered in the little light she had in her room as they kissed. "Do you think I'm gonna judge you, Tess? If you have feelings for someone, you have feelings for someone. There's nothing around that," she stated. "It's nothing to worry about. I just think that if he didn't force you to do anything, then it's right. You're eighteen, if you were wondering." I could see Trevor come out of the diner, his hands carrying a tray of fries and three milkshakes. Becca sat back in the driver's seat, making him sit in the backseat. I could hear him groan in annoyance as he opened the car door, getting into the car before handing both of us our milkshakes. "Sorry, Jacobson," Becca mumbled as her red lips enclosed around the straw of her styrofoam cup. Trevor sat back in the backseat, shoving a couple fries into his mouth. It felt relieving to tell someone that was close to me like Becca, knowing that she understands me. 

Trevor parked the car in front of my apartment building, letting me get out before Becca followed me. I turned around, watching as she ran to me. "Hey, Tess," she panted out. "Don't worry about this situation between Mr. Dornan and you, at least it's not illegal," she chuckled out. "I mean, I know that he knows to not advance himself to you before you reached eighteen. That's what Ashton did, well since he's twenty-five." She rambled a lot before getting to her point. "Just make sure he doesn't hurt you, physically and mentally," she gave me a side hug before getting back into the car. I turned around, breathing out before walking towards the apartment complex. 

The apartment was pitch-black, only the lights of the city illuminating parts of the penthouse. I didn't hear Daddy walking around, the light from his bedroom turned off. There was no sign of him. My body traveled into his room, finding the scattered clothing that lined the wooden floor. I looked in his closet, finding the neatly hung shirts and suit jackets scattered around. My heart was beating hard as I came to the realization what he did. He was gone. Every detail of the man that used to live here was wiped away. My man of grey was gone. 

{sorry for not updating that often. i promise to update once a week so make sure to vote and comment. also share this fanfic to other smut readers. i know this chapter didn't have any smut because i wanted to include more romance into this. make sure to vote, comment, and share to other wattpad readers. all the love}