Chapter 40

Parker's POV

"Hey, wake up," someone says, shaking my shoulder.

My eyes flutter open to see Destin leaning down in front of me. I look around confusedly and see Niall asleep on the very edge of the bed, about to fall off.

"Why?" I ask, my morning voice rough.

"Time to drive to the arena," he says, like I'm supposed to know what he's talking about.

Oh, yeah! The whole reason my parents came to see me was to watch me fight.

"Okay," I mumble, laying my head back on my pillow. "Five more minutes."

"I already waited the latest I could to wake you up," Destin sighs.

"C'mon, just five more minutes, I swear," I whine, my eyes closed.

Destin tugs me off the bed and I land on the floor, a grunt escaping my mouth. "Oh," I complain, looking up at him. "You could've made me break something."

"But you didn't. Now, up and at 'em! You have 10 minutes till we leave."

He walks out of the bedroom and I stumble to my feet grabbing my fighting clothes out of my suitcase and racing into the bathroom. I throw off my pajamas and put on my underwear and dark purple basketball shorts. I tug on my black sports bra and throw a graphic white tee on over it, so I won't be strutting sound LA like a scary hipster, I don't know. I put my hair up in a high ponytail and stare at my reflection in the mirror, playing with a blonde streak in between my fingers.

You can do this, I tell myself. You've won tons of fights, and your knees are fine. You'll do awesome.

But I couldn't shake this feeling... like something bad was going to happen.

I shake my head and run out of the room with my phone under in the waistband of my shorts. I tip-toe out of the hotel door, looking back at the boys-- my parents-- sleeping on the couch. They won't be up until 10.

I close the door softly behind me and turn around,only to be scared half to death with Destin right in front of me.

"What the heck is wrong with you?!" I half whisper, punching him in the chest.

"Don't injure yourself trying to hit my hard-core abs," he jokes, grabbing my fist in his hand.

"You don't have hard-core abs," I scoff, rolling my eyes.

He lifts up his shirt to show very hard-core abs. He wiggles his eyebrows, and I cover my blushing cheeks with another roll of my eyes.

"My abs are bigger than yours," I say, a half-smile on my lips and pulling my fist out of his huge hand.

"Oh, yeah? I've seen you while you're fighting," he says, smirking. "F-l-a-b."

I gasp and punch him again, only for him to block my fist. I kick his leg and he blocks it again with a low chuckle. I just start to rapidly punch him as he holds my head back with his hand, leaving me punching air as we both laugh.

"Don't tire yourself out," Ken tough voice demands, making me stop immediately. "I pay for you to fight."

"Yeah, but you also get paid back more," Destin muses.

Ken glares at him and Destin quickly says, "Sorry, Sir."

"Let's go," Ken says gruffly, Jeff walking ahead of us down the hall.

The ride down the elevator is silent and we stroll out into the grand lobby. There are a few fans I can see at the entrance outside the hotel and I sigh. How do they do it?