5.

As usual, Cameron was by my feet, his drool slowly making its way to my side of the bed, and possibly waking up the rest of the neighborhood by his loud, obnoxious, snoring. 

I stood up and went to my bathroom. I looked into the mirror and opened the cabinet. On the first ledge I found my moisturizer.  I applied about a penny size to my face and rubbed it around. I waited for about 5 minutes and washed it off with warm water. When I finished, I did all my makeup which included mascara, eyeliner, and lip gloss.

This was probably the very first time that I had woken up without an annoying Cameron yelling at me for making him late. 

Once I finished changing, I plugged in my hair straightener. When that was hot and ready to be used, I completed my hair and styled it the way I wanted. I picked up Cameron's phone and looked at the lockscreen. It was a picture of me and him. I was smiling at the camera, while he was kissing his cheek. This is by far my favorite picture of us. I unlocked the phone and set the alarm for 7:00 am. 

(outfit+hair on side) 

I just couldn't wait for afterschool and I don't know why. 

I got my bag and went into the kitchen where I saw Sage. "Woah. We're just going to school." 

"I know, dummy. I'm going somewhere with someone afterschool." 

"Is my sister going on a date?" I rolled my eyes and slapped him in the face with a bagel. 

After eating, I went upstairs to wake up Cameron since the alarm clock keeps ringing. 

"Cameron?" I said in a sing-songy tone. 

I lay down on the bed and hug him from behind. His eyes open and he's surprised to see me. 

"Wake up, sleepy head." I tell him and get up from the bed. When I hear nothing, I look at him to see him staring at me. 

"What? Is it too much? I probably look like a soggy Cheerio, don't I?" He laughs.

"No, haha. You look perfect. So, what's the special occasion?" I smile. "I'm just gonna hang with someone afterschool. Nothing big." I shrugged. 

-----

"You need a ride home today?" I shook my head. 

"Nah. I'm gonna catch a ride with someone else." 

"Who is this someone?" His eyebrows pointed upwards in curiosity. 

"Zac." He folded his arms against his chest. 

"He's bad news, Summer."

"He's your bestfriend." 

"Best friend or not. He's still a bad guy. I swear if he hurts you, I'm going to fuck him up. "

-----

"You look really nice today." Zac said hugging me. Upon his arrival, I felt my heart begin to race. My eyes traced his tall figure, from his messy black hair down to his worn-out Converse sneakers. The closer he came, the better I could view him. His eyes warm, an aqua blue color that reminded me of a newly filled pool.

Seeing him stumble a bit, I relaxed. He was just as nervous as me. It was actually my first date in a long time. I took a deep breath, inhaling his strong cologne.