Chapter Thirty Six

"Are you freaking kidding me?" Evan yelled, sliding the door open.

"What?" Tiffany said smiling. So there we were, in front of Evan's house, waiting patiently for him to get out of his house. About a minute later, he starts jogging towards us, and once he finally reaches the door, Tiffany speeds down the road, leaving Evan staring at us in disbelief. He starts running down the road trying to catch up to us.

"Haha!" I laugh, clenching onto my stomach. "Very funny." He glared sitting.on top of me.

"Ow! You're squishing ME!" I screamed fidgeting in my seat. "I think I know that." He said getting off me and putting me on his lap because there were no more seats left.

"Lets go!" He screamed in my ear.

*************************************

"No fair! You guys cheated!" Adrian and I screamed at the same time. "No! You guys just suck!"Evan said pushing me. I was about to hit back, but then Adrian caught my waist before I got the chance to smack Evan upside the head.

"I'm hungry." My brother said, patting his stomach. "There's a pizza place down the street." Alex suggested scratching the back of his neck.

We nodded and ran down the street and into Romano's.

"Hello. How many?" A girl that looked like my age said. "Nine." I replied, but she was way too busy looking at Adrian to hear what I had just said.

"Excuse me?" Tiffany said impatiently, he foot quietly tapping on the wooden floor.

"Oh sorry. How many?" She replied, taking her eyes off Adrian and to us.

"Nine." Can we exchange her for the nice old lady that was serving the family in the corner?

She nodded and told us to follow her. Her butt moved side to side in big strokes. Did you say sl*t?

I looked over at Adrian and saw him looking down at his feet, smirking. I rolled my eyes and filed into the booth. The seating arrangements went like this: Tiffany, Jai, Evan (my brother), Alex, Me, Adrian, Evan, and Jared. "Would you guys like to drink anything?" She said while unbuttoning her polo shirt a bit. We replied and she dropped the menus in front of us, and left.

"Wanna play a game?" Evan said smiling like a little boy on Christmas. Yep, leave it to Evan to make everything less awkward. "In here?" Jared asked, flipping through the menu.

"Yeah, you know truth or dare?" I looked over at my menu and felt like someone was staring at me, so I looked up and saw Alex smiling at me. I returned and turned my attention to Evan. "Truth or dare Acacia?" He questioned as his lips turned.up into a smirk. "Truth." I smiled.

He rolled his eyes. "Is it true that you like Alex?" Are you freaking kidding me?

"Do I have to answer?" I asked, hoping that the answer was a 'no.'

"Positive." He laughed.

Did I really, truly like Alex? I mean I did tell Tiffany that I did, but it was just to shut her up. Alex was such a nice, funny, charming, and talented guy, that would have girls falling head over heels on love with him. He would do anything for me. I remember we were at the pond, and Adrian pushed me in, and Alex was there to help me. I mean, I could've swam back up to surface, but it was so cute how he quickly jumped in the water to save me. This could mean something, right?

"Uhmm." I replied squirming in my seat. "You don't have to reply if you don't want to." Alex said smiling weakly.

ALEX'S POV

That was such a huge lie, because deep down inside, it was killing me not knowing what kind of feelings Acacia had towards me. I guess you can say that I have a huge crush on her, but I mean, who wouldn't. She was so beautiful, funny, charismatic, and overall, perfect.

All around the booth you can hear chanting and booing because Acacia was refusing to answer the question.

"Yes." She replied as the waitress arrived with our drinks. I froze, not able to speak any words, and I think that I'm not the only one.