Chapter Twenty Seven

"That was awesome!" I screamed hugging Adrian. 

"You were awesome." He corrected, smiling. 

I smiled widely and made my way through the corridor to see my parents. "Acacia!" My dad yelled engulfing me in a hug. "You were amazing! I'm so proud." 

"Thanks." I said, but noticed something. "Dad? Where's mom?" 

"Oh! She's just talking with Adrian's parents." He replied taking my hand and guiding me to them. 

Oh shoot. I gotta tell Adrian. "Dad? I think I'm gonna go with my friends backtage. Okay?" I asked letting go of his hands. 

"Sure, but come back to see your mother." He nodded. I ran down the hall and to the dressing rooms where I saw Evan, Alex, Chase, Tiffany, and Adrian talking. "Uhm Adrian-" But I was cut off by 3 people hovering over me in a hug. "Omg! Acacia that was the best performane that I have seen. " Chase yelled in my ear. I thanked them all and turned to Adrian who was hunched over his phone. "Adrian? I have to tell you something." I said grabbing his hand and taking him out the room. 

"What is it?" He asked locking his phone and putting it in his pocket. "Your parents are here." I said. "Are you serious?" He said, his voice growing louder as he pushed past me and in the direction of his parents. I ran in front of him and put my hands on his chest. "Listen to me Adrian. You're going to make a scene. Just go back to the room." I said taking his hand and going to the different direction. Adrian stopped and started dragging me into the other direction. "Adrian." I nagged trying to stop him by putting my two feet on the ground.  He ignored me and continued dragging me to our parents. 

"What are you doing here?" He asked angrily. 

"Adrian." His mother scowled crossing her hands over her chest. "Is that any way to greet your parents?" She then held out her arms and engulfed him in a hug, but he pushed her off him. 

"Adrian. Hug your mother." His dad said. 

"Why should I? You guys kicked me out." He glared. I stood there awkwardly next to him, looking down at my shoes. 

"And why wouldn't we? You were always getting in trouble and not to mention all the debt you've put us in." His mother replied stepping closer to him. 

Adrian rolled his eyes and started laughing. "Are you sure that we were in debt because of me? Or your drug addiction." He said smirking. 

I looked up at him with my mouth open.

How?

What?

Why? 

All af a sudden she slapped him in the face. "Don't you ever say that again."

"I'll say whatever I want. You can't tell me what to do." He yelled causing a couple of kids to stop and look. 

"Adrian. I am your mother. I knew you've changed ever since your brother died." She scowled. 

"Just go. Get the fuck out of my life and don't come back." He snapped and turned around into the dressing room, but before he opened the door, he looked up at me and left.