Chapter 47

Jenna's POV

I woke up and thought about something I could do for Luke. I'm pretty good with computers so I got my iMac and sat down in the living room with a cup of coffee.

I texted Kelly and asked her if she could email me a ton of pictures of Luke and Chris, and all 3 of them. She texted back immediately and said yes.

I want to make a really cool video with a ton of pictures of Luke's family with Chris. I started to look at different background songs I could use until I received the pictures.

I decided on Jealous of the Angels by Jenn Bostic and I Thank You by The Tenors. (A/N: yall should listen to those songs!)

After I finished getting the songs in the video I got a text from Kelly. It read: I just emailed the pictures.

I texted back thank you and I got to work. 2 hours later and I am finally done. I am very pleased with how it turned out. It actually looks very professional. After a put it on a CD I got up and put on workout clothes. I went for a 3 mile run. Then when I got back I drove to the gym. I spent about an hour in there. I drove home and I walked upstairs. I took a shower and put on better clothes. I grabbed the CD and drove to Luke's house.

Luke's POV
I woke up and went to the kitchen. It was lunch time already so Kelly had fixed some food. We ate and then went to the living room. As I was about to sit down I saw Jen pull in.

I ran outside and opened her door. She jumped into my arms. I gave her a kiss and hugged her. "Hey Luke."

"Hey baby girl." I said as I kissed her forehead. "How are you?" She asked. I shrugged and said "I'm alright."

She hugged me again and said "well I have a surprise for you and your family." "Ok. Let's go in."

We walked in and I sat down. She said hey and turned on the tv but turned it to the dvd setting and put something in.

"I wanted to make something for yall so here it is." She said. She pressed play then came and sat down next to me and layed her head on my shoulder.

As the music started tons of pictures started to fade in and out. Some of me and Chris, some of Kelly and Chris, some of all 3 of us, some of the whole family. They all had Chris in them though. I couldn't help it... I started to cry. This is the sweetest thing ever.

Jenna hugged me tighter as the music played on. When the video finished there wasn't a dry eye in the room. We all stood up and I hugged Jenna so hard I probably broke her in half. I was crying so hard I couldn't say anything.

Soon it became a big group hug. As we pulled away I asked "Babe did you make this?" "Yeah. This morning." "Oh my gosh. It's so perfect. It looks so professional. I love it so much. Thank you Jenna." "You're welcome Luke."

"Jenna that was absolutely beautiful. Can we play that at the funeral?" Mama said. "Absolutely" Jenna replied.

••Later that evening••

Jenna's POV

After supper me and Luke hoped on a four wheeler and he drove us down to the creek. He parked and helped me off. We took our shoes off and sat on the edge of the pier.

"This is wear me and Chris would always sit and drink a beer or two. We would just talk..."

"I know it's hard Luke. I'm here for you no matter what." I said as I put my arm around him. He kissed my cheek.

"What am I gonna do now?" He asked. "I don't know baby."

"I was thinking o could maybe go to GSU and live on campus but also move back home like on the weekends and the summer." He said. " I think that's a good idea. I want to go to college also. I would probably live on campus. And o could get an apartment for the summer." I said as I looked at him to see what he thought.

"I think that's a good idea. What do you want to major in?" He asked.

"Well you know how much I love kids... So I want to be an elementary school teacher." I said.

"I think that fits you very well babe. Any kid who gets you as their teacher is gonna be very happy." He said stroking my face.

"Thank you Lukie. What do you want to major in?" I asked. "I think business management." "Oh wow! That's great!"

We talked for a while before we decided to go in... Or so we thought.

I'm lucky I had on not very nice clothes because next thing I know I'm in the water. Luke pushed me in the water. "You little devil!" I yelled as he is laughing his cute little head off. "If you weren't so stinking hot I would be mad." I said as I'm standing in the water.

I swim over to the pier and pull Luke in by his leg. When he came up we both started dying laughing. " you little devil" he said in a high pitch voice trying to mock me.

"Oh shut up" I say playfully smacking his arm. We continue to swim around for a little while. When we get out I am freezing cold.

Luke's POV

I notice Jenna's teeth chattering and that she was shaking. I wrapped her in a hug to warm her up. As we were dripping wet I grabbed her face and kissed her real good.

It led into a make out session. Her hands moved from my sides to my belt. She grabbed two belt loops and pulled my waist into her. Her hands then traveled up my shirt a little ways.

I picked her up by her butt and held on tight. My hand went up her shirt and rubbed her back.

After we were done we broke apart. We were both breathing heavy. All you could hear was our breath and the crickets chirping.

We hopped on the four wheeler and headed toward the house. When we got back we went inside so I could grab Jen a towel.

"What happened to yall?!" Daddy said looking at us up and down.

Jen looked at me with the 'you want to explain?' look...

"Well... What had happened was, I kinda pushed Jenna in the water and then she pulled me in and... Yeah" I said laughing.

"Yall are crazy..." Kelly said shaking her head laughing.

I grabbed Jenna a towel and she said goodbye to everyone. It was midnight so she decided she should head home.

When we got to her truck I said "thanks for helping us plan the funeral darlin', and thank you SO much for the video. That means more than you will ever know. And thank you always being able to cheer me up. I am so lucky to have you." I said brushing the hair out of her face.

"Babe it's no problem. I love you so much. More than you know." She leaned in and gave me a soft yet sweet kiss. "I'll see you in the morning for the funeral."

As she drove off I couldn't help but think how blessed I am to have such a sweet girl.

A/N: hey yall!! How are you liking the story??
Don't forget to comment and vote! Yall are awesome! 😘