Chapter 41

Chapter 41

The Hogwarts Express was almost at King's Cross Station, and Frank was still asleep, his head resting on my shoulder. Mikey was sitting across from us, eating a Chocolate Frog. "Albus Dumbledore," he said as he glanced at the card. "I have a million of these."

"So do I," I said.

"Dumbledore was a pretty cool guy though," Mikey said. "He was the only wizard that Voldemort ever feared!"

I rolled my eyes. "I know, Mikey," I said. "It says that on the Chocolate Frog Card."

Mikey and I were both going home for Easter break, since neither of us went home for Christmas. We had a week off, and then we would be back at Hogwarts until the end of the year. Frank was going home as well, but Ray had decided to stay at school. "Do you think we should wake Frank up?" Mikey asked. "We're almost at the station."

"Not yet," I said. Mikey went back to eating his Chocolate Frog, and I watched as the buildings grow taller as we approached London. Finally, we arrived at King's Cross Station. "Wake up, Frankie," I whispered.

"We're here already?" Frank said sleepily.

"Yeah, we are," I said. Frank, Mikey, and I got off of the Hogwarts Express. "I'm going to miss you so much, Frank," I said.

"I'm going to miss you too," Frank said. "You're going to write to me, right?"

"Of course I will," I said.

"Hurry up, Gee!" Mikey shouted. "Mom and Dad are waiting for us!"

I gave Frank one last long, lingering kiss before leaving Platform 9 ¾ with Mikey. "Are you going to tell Mom and Dad about Frank?" Mikey asked me.

I shook my head. "They would kill me if they found out that I'm dating a Muggle-born boy."

Mikey managed to navigate through the crowd, and we found Mom and Dad waiting for us near the entrance to the station. "Gerard! Mikey!" they exclaimed. "It's so good to see you again!" After they asked us a few questions about how our year at Hogwarts has been so far, we Apparated back to Way Manor.

The next few days were uneventful. I spent most of my time reorganizing my comic book collection and writing more songs. Meanwhile, Mikey was studying for exams while listening to Anthrax at insanely loud volumes. I tried to drown his music out with The Misfits, but I was afraid that my eardrums were going to explode, so I just had to deal with it. I also found some time to write a few letters to Frank. The two of us wrote back and forth, and we ensured that our owls were always very busy.

I was in the middle of writing one of these letters when my mother entered my room. "What are you doing?" she asked.

"Just writing a letter to one of my friends," I said.

"Everyone's coming over in about an hour for Easter," Mom said. "You still need to clean up your room and help Mikey get the gnomes out of the backyard."

I quickly finished writing the letter and gave it to Party Poison, who flew off. Then, I cleaned my room and helped Mikey de-gnome the garden, which was surprisingly fun. De-gnoming basically consists of spinning the gnomes around and flinging them out of the backyard. After we were done, we went back inside, and the relatives started arriving shortly afterwards.

Aunt Jenny and Uncle Isaac were the first to arrive, quickly followed by my grandfather and my cousin Daphne. Astoria, her husband Draco, and their son Scorpius were the last to show up. Draco was my favorite relative other than my grandma, but she sadly passed away a few years earlier, so I was glad to see him. Draco's platinum blond hair was slicked back, and he was wearing long sleeves to cover up the Dark Mark that he had on his forearm from being a Death Eater during the Second Wizarding War. Draco and his father had switched sides shortly before the end of the war, but I didn't know much more than that. He didn't really like to talk about it. Draco was incredibly rich, so he didn't have a real job, but he studied Alchemy in his free time, and I always thought that was pretty interesting.