Chapter 54

Chapter 54

I swore that Frank was trying to build a canine army. I couldn't quite count them while they were barking loudly and jumping up and down, but there were certainly an awful lot of them. Seriously, how many dogs could one person own?

One of the largest dogs knocked me over and began to lick my face. "WHATSERNAME!" Frank shouted. "Get off of him!"

"Did you seriously name your dog Whatsername?" I said as the dog trotted towards Frank.

"Yes I did," Frank said. "Everyone, sit!" All of the dogs sat. "Gerard, I'd like to introduce you to Scamander, Agrippa, Merlin, Bowman, Jesus of Suburbia, Pinkstone, Mungo, St. Jimmy, Morgana, Whatsername, and Sweet Pea. They're the eleven dogs that I am unfortunately not allowed to bring with me to Hogwarts."

"They're all really cute," I said.

Frank smiled. "I know. I love my dogs. They're the one thing that I really miss when I'm at Hogwarts."

"Thanks a lot, Frankie. I always knew that you didn't miss your dear old mother while you were away at school," the older woman said.

"Mom, you know that I miss you too," Frank said.

Frank's mother turned to me and said, "Gerard...you're that boy that Frank wouldn't shut up about during Easter, aren't you?"

"Frank told you about me?" I said.

"Of course he did," Frank's mother said. "He said that you were the best boyfriend ever, but as far as I know, you're also the only boyfriend that he's ever had, so it doesn't mean much. So how come you two are back from school so early? I thought that you weren't coming back until the thirtieth."

"It's a long story," Frank said.

"We have time," his mother said. "Would either of you like some tea?"

"Sure," Frank said.

"No thank you, Mrs. Iero," I said. "I'm more of a coffee drinker."

"That's alright, but please call me Linda."

"Okay Linda," I said.

She went into the kitchen and Frank and I followed her. We sat down at the table while Linda began to make tea for herself and Frank. "So why aren't you boys in school?" Linda asked.

"Gerard was attacked by a Death Eater," Frank said.

"It was the same one who killed my brother," I added sadly.

"Gerard almost had his soul sucked out," Frank said. "If it wasn't for me, he wouldn't be here right now. Gee was awesome though. He stunned the Death Eater, but he might wake up at any time and come looking for us, which is why we came here."

Linda poured the tea into two mugs and gave one to Frank. "Gerard? Are you sure you don't want anything? I have some leftover spaghetti in the refrigerator that I can heat up."

"That would be nice," I said.

Linda took a bowl filled with pasta out of the large white box (which must have been the refrigerator) and put it into a silver box. "Why aren't you just using a Heat Charm?" I asked.

"I can't do magic, Gerard," Linda explained.

"Oh," I said. "I'm sorry. I forgot that you aren't a witch."

"It's okay," Linda said. "I certainly wish that I was a witch sometimes. It would make my life a lot easier." She took the bowl out of the silver box and handed it to me.

"Thanks," I said as I began to eat the spaghetti.

"Gerard called this weird purple bus thing," Frank explained to Linda.

"It's called the Knight Bus," I said.

"Whatever. Green Day was there!" Frank exclaimed.

"That's wonderful, honey," Linda said. "I know how much you've always wanted to meet them."

One of Frank's puppies crawled under the table, hoping that one of us would drop something. "Sorry Scamander," Frank said. "You've already had your dinner."

"How was school?" Linda asked. "When are those test scores coming back?"

"Not for another few weeks," Frank said.

"How long will Gerard be staying here?" Linda asked.

"Just until this whole thing with Rookwood blows over," I said. "Hopefully the Aurors will catch him and put him back in Azkaban soon."

"Despite the fact that he escaped months ago and they never caught him?" Frank said.

"I don't know. Maybe they'll finally get their act together and find him."

"I'm not so sure about that, Gerard. Hey, do you want to see the rest of the house?"

"Sure!" I exclaimed. Frank and I both got up and I followed him upstairs.

"That's my mom's bedroom, and this is my room," he said as he opened the door and entered his bedroom. He flipped a switch, and light filled the room. I admired his extensive collection of wizard rock band posters and Quidditch memorabilia.

"No way!" I exclaimed. "Is that Eunice Murray's Quidditch jersey? He was a legend!"

"You wouldn't believe the stuff that you can find on eBay," Frank said casually.

Four or five of the dogs were laying around the room, and another one of Frank's guitars was leaning against the wall. Frank had a desk in one corner of the room, and there was a machine of some sort sitting on the desk. "What is that?" I asked.

"You don't know anything about the Muggle world, do you?" Frank said. "It's a computer."

"Well, I never took Muggle Studies," I said. "What did you expect? Besides, you didn't know what the Knight Bus was."

"Nobody ever told me that it existed," Frank said.

"Well, nobody ever told me that those things existed," I said.

"I guess that makes sense," Frank said. "You've never really experienced the Muggle world before."

"It's kind of interesting," I said. "Muggles find the most inventive ways to get by without magic."

"That's certainly true," Frank said.

"Frankie? What are we going to do once this is all over?" I asked.

"I don't know, but it doesn't really matter as long as I'm with you," Frank said.

"I love you Frank."

"I love you too Gerard," Frank replied.

It was getting kind of late, so we went to sleep shortly after that. Frank was right. It didn't really matter what happened as long as the two of us were together.