Q&A

First of all, thank you again for 100K reads, and thank you to those of you who submitted questions! Your support means everything to me.

1. Do you plan on adding another book to this series? - Rockytop767

At the moment, I do not plan on adding any more books to the Gerard Way and the Triwizard Tournament series. If you've read Patrick Stump and the Flying Car Brigade, you probably know that it would be extremely difficult to get all of the characters together again to go on another adventure. Most of the central characters of this series finish their character arcs in Gerard Way and the Triwizard Tournament or its sequel - there's simply nowhere else to go for Gerard and his friends!

I am also busy working on other projects, including other fanfics and original works. I generally follow my muse when I'm writing, and at this point, I don't have much inspiration for another book set in this universe. I wouldn't completely count out an additional Gerard Way and the Triwizard Tournament sequel, but it's unlikely to happen in the near future.

By the way, if you haven't read Patrick Stump and the Flying Car Brigade (the sequel to Gerard Way and the Triwizard Tournament) or Ten Thousand Summers (a short story expanding on Mikey's backstory), please check out those two works!

2. I was wondering if you have any tips for planning out long stories, I always find it difficult to plan and then finish? - NoLifeWithoutWords

First of all, I'm sure this goes against some writing advice that you might have heard in the past, but if you've never written a novel before, don't start there. Master the novella form, and then move on to longer works. I spent about a year and a half writing novellas before I wrote anything that was even close to a novel. If you understand the basics of writing and practice your craft, the length will come.

Planning is everything when it comes to writing longer works. When I write novels, I typically keep extensive notes (20-50 pages) on characters and plot. Keeping notes doesn't work for everyone, but it helps to give your story a direction and to give you ideas if you get stuck. At the very least, I would recommend knowing who your major characters are, the basic plot beats, and how the story ends before beginning to write.

In terms of finishing, the only advice I can give you is to just keep writing. Having a writing schedule (ex. "I'm going to write for an hour every day after my science class") helps a lot. It forces you to sit down and write, even when you don't want to, and thus prevents you from procrastinating. Again, it also helps to know your ending before you start, so that you know when the story is ready to be done.

In short, find a system that works for you and stick with it. I hope this helped, and good luck on your story!

3. How did you come up with epichorn31? - CasuallyDyingOfFeels

I came up with epichorn31 when I was thirteen and got my Wattpad account. I haven't changed the username because I would have to change all of my book covers, and I'm way too lazy to do that.

Epic = I thought I was epic when I was thirteen.

Horn = I play French Horn.

31 = Thirty one is a number that is personally significant to me.

4. Which one of your stories is your favorite and why? - CasuallyDyingOfFeels

Asking this question to an author is like asking a parent which child is their favorite. It's pretty much impossible to answer, but I'll try anyways by pointing out a few of my stories that are very special to me. These might change though.