Chapter 17: Beautiful Goodbye

I jolted up from what seems to be a commotion, "HURRY!" A muffled voice echoed.

I blinked my eye several times and looked around the room. We're back in our beach house. I must've fallen into deep slumber last night that I didn't even feel being carried all the way here. It's tad far from where Niall and I went last night. He must have been exhausted.

"Niall?" I heard Harry's voice, followed by a knock on our door. "I'm 

in here, mate! Hurry" I heard Niall's muffled voice. I didn't realize he wasn't here when I woke up. 

Why are these lads in such a rush?

I hopped off the bed and went outside to get something to eat only to find all of the boys' beach stuff are already packed; yawning, I scanned the place and a worried Louis came to shake me awake. "Our flight has been moved to 3:00PM, Ellen just told us, she's freaked out too! We've been invited to some interview and we need to be there earlier!" Ellen, their manager, never rushes. 

I look at my watch. It's 11:00AM. Shit. The boys still haven't finished packing their things back at Zayn's! 

I sprinted back to our room, appetite all gone and packed my and Niall's things. The guy still didn't pack his stuff yet. I wonder what he was doing. I didn't see him at the living room. 

I was finish in less than half an hour. I sported a green, flowy dress today and matched them with my navy blue Italian brogues. I applied minimal make up and headed out to meet the lads. 

"Ready t'go?" I beamed and they all nodded. 

Niall's arm was around me in an instant. "Where were you this morning?" I asked.

"Just helping Zayn find his hair products" I can't tell if he was joking since he looked troubled, so I simply nodded and averted my attention. 

Something was bothering him, but I decided not to pry. We arrived at Zayn's and I helped each boy pack their things. I hopped from room to room checking if they place each clothing neatly. Louis was the worst. He dumped all of his clothes in his suitcase and just zipped it all up. I wouldn't know if I didn't open his case, "But Dianne... I don't know how to fold!" He demanded, "well from now on, you will." I smiled and taught him how. After ten minutes, I left his room leaving him fascinated in folding clothes.

I went to our room last, and Niall's already done. "Need any more help?" I offered and gave him a weak smile. It still hurts knowing he'll leave in about two hours.

He shook his head and sat down the edge of the bed. I sauntered over to him and wiped some of his sweat that are lucky enough to be falling on his forehead. 

He didn't say a thing as he pulled me closer so that I'm sitting on his lap and he buried his head on my midriff, just above my lower abdomen. It was a rather awkward feeling, but I held him close nonetheless. I will miss this feeling when he leaves.

We sat like that for a long moment when Liam knocked on his door. "Niall, ya ready to go, mate?" 

"Y-" Niall cleared his throat "yes, yes" instinctively, I pulled myself up his lap which had probably gone numb by now. 

He looked at me and gently stroked my cheek with the back of his hand. I was so lost in thought that didn't notice a stray tear fall. I looked up at him and at his lips. He knew what I was asking for so he leaned in and kissed me.

This kiss is the most passionate one we've shared. This kiss is so full of raw emotion emanating from our unspoken thoughts. This kiss, I will remember.

Niall was gentle at first, his tongue was teasing my bottom lip, begging for entrance. I let him in and he explored every inch of my mouth with his tongue.