Chapter 35: The Playground

“Good morning, princess!” Niall kissed my forehead, “I made… well mum helped me make… okay! Mum made pancakes for us!”

I smiled at him and glanced at the alarm clock, it’s only 15 minutes past 7 in the morning. “Where’s Maura?”

“She went on a morning jog with Greg… and dad went somewhere I don’t know.”

“So…?”

“So… we have the house all to ourselves” Niall smirked at me.

I grunted. “Can we just eat?”

“Alright, alright! You don’t have to be so grumpy about it, ol’ lady!” Niall flashed me his brace-face and prepared my bib.

“Wow, Breakfast in Bed… how sweet” I sardonically said.

Niall went to my side and just sat there… “What? Are you going to watch me eat?” I asked.

“No, I’m going to steal your food.” He nonchalantly concluded.

“Alright, I’m going to get fat anyways…”

He poked both my sides, my neck, my shoulders, my thighs and I slightly writhed. “Nope, no fats here” Niall deduced, all smiles.

We cut each pancake in half and I fed him his half.

“Mmm…” I closed my eyes. This pancake is heavenly! “How did Maura cook this? She must teach me the recipe. It’s so delicious!”

Niall was just there… staring at me. “Hellooooo… earth to Nialler!” I waved my hand in front of his face and made wacky faces.

He smiled at me, “you are so damn beautiful it hurts.” As usual, I did the one thing I do best, blush.

“Finish your breakfast, take a shower, and get dressed. We’re going somewhere” Niall said and left.

What?!

***

Someone knocked.

“Give me five minutes, babe” I shouted at the door.

I can hear Niall’s sigh behind his door. This is his room after all. I just laughed. “That’s like the fifth time you’ve asked for five minutes, Dianne”

I was still wearing a robe, lingerie underneath, and a turbie twist. I don’t know why I wore lingerie, really. I just felt like it. I opened the door, assuming that Niall was the only person outside. “Hi” he said, lips pursed. Is he mad?

“Are you mad at me?”

“No, I just wanted to go inside.” He was quiet. He sat at the edge of the bed and thumped his left foot; he knotted his fingers and looked outside the window. It’s autumn, it was practically yellow and orange outside. It’s beautiful. Now’s the only time I took to admire the beauty of the outdoors.

I continued on applying make-up when Niall suddenly put his hands on both of my shoulders and lowered my robe. He kissed my shoulder and his gaze was suddenly fixated on the strap of the bra. It’s colored red and has black laces overlaid. “That’s pretty” he noted, still straight-faced.

“Thanks… uhm, can I do my make-up now?” I laughed at him, “don’t be so darn serious, Niall! You’re scaring me. Is something wrong?”

“No… nothing wrong.”

“Are Maura, Bobby, and Greg home yet? Can we leave this house unguarded?” I can’t believe I was becoming tad paranoid about this.

“Yes, they’re home.”