Chapter 19: Dianne

*Dianne’s POV*

I woke up at 11:00 AM, it’s just after dinner in London and the lads are probably done with rehearsals. Although I didn't reply to Niall's text anymore, I let him relax and rest. I run myself a nice, hot bath and completely submerged myself in water. I’m thinking mainly about how I miss synchronized swimming, maybe I should start training when I get back to Oregon. Or maybe I should train now…  might as well utilize this hotel’s facilities.

I don’t have anything to do today since Cary and her family are probably catching up so I opted not to intervene. I hopped out of bath, rummaged through my bag for some training swimsuits—turns out I didn’t bring a single swimsuit nor any other training paraphernalia. Now I have to drop by Speedo to buy myself new ones.

I dried myself and put on some sweats and Niall’s Jack Wills shirt. His delectable scent still lingers on this shirt and I would go against all odds to not have it laundered. I put on flip flops. I look like a typical unsophisticated girl today, no make-up, just baggy clothes.

I got out the hotel and saw the dreadful magazine once again. I’m still bothered by the name. How would you feel if your name’s written across all magazines and plastered along streets?

I strolled over to the nearest mall and searched for a Speedo store. I saw one on the second floor and a neon green swimsuit immediately caught my eye. It was perfect! It had a typical X-back and a medium leg. Just my type. I bought training goggles, nose clip and a black swim cap along with my swimsuit. There’s just something about training with new equipment, I always feel invincible.

Dad’s going to kill me if he knew I’d spent all my money on these things. New equipment—when in fact I had a closet full of training clothes back in Oregon, and hotels—when in fact I could stay at Cary’s.  I was calling for a cab when, Christian, of all the people in this God forsaken world, called my name.

“Dianne!” and all the people walking by looked at my direction, shocked. I wondered why. He was being swarmed by the paparazzi and upon hearing my name; they focused their attention at me. The paparazzi kept shoving questions at me.

“Are you this Dianne?” He pointed at the magazine and my gaze was suddenly struck with a strange fascination with the ground. I didn’t look up to meet the paparazzi’s eye. Christian put his arm around me and dragged me to his sleek Audi. I limply followed.

We got in the car and he asked me where I stay. “In Sheraton” I manage to say. “Good choice. Bret, you heard her” he snapped at what seems to be his driver.

“So you’re not really working for a company, are you?” I looked up at him and he was staring into the window, possibly lost in his deep thoughts. He didn’t answer for a while and I took the opportunity to inspect his face. He’s still as perfect as ever, perfectly tousled brown hair, piercing green eyes and strong jawline. His body became more chiseled and muscular from when we broke up. He really matured, and maybe he’s really changed. He’s really different from the Christian Spencer I once known and loved. I kept shutting him down like I’m some sort of a child who can’t take this situation maturely. I decided that maybe I should let him in for a change. After all, I know that my heart really belongs to Niall, and nothing’s going to change that. Ever.

“Like what you see?” He smirked. He wasn’t looking at me, but I realized he can see me through his peripheral vision. I instantly became aware of the fact that I was staring a bit longer than I should have. I blushed scarlet and suddenly my knotted fingers are more interesting to look at. He chuckled. I noticed his voice also changed, it got stronger and lower. Like the sound of someone who’s always in charge, always getting his way.