Chapter Five

"You know their son, Michael?" Hotch asked as he drove back to the PD.
"Yeah, we went to high school together," You told him.
"So how did that relationship end?" Hotch gave a sly smirk as he checked the rearview mirror.
"I thought you said that I'm not supposed to think about personal issues on the field," you raised an eyebrow.
"Touche," You could have sworn that he almost smiled.
You begin un buckling your seat belt as Hotch swerved into the parking lot of the PD.
"Have you seen your sister yet?"
"No, which is rather strange," You tell Hotch as you two re-enter the PD.
You opened the door and you two were instantly bombarded with news reporters.
"Agent L/N, is it true that someone is re-inacting the Salem Witch Trials?" one of the many news reporters asked.
"Agent L/N, do you have a lead on who the killer is?" yet another reporter asked.
"We have federal jurisdiction here. If you would kindly leave the inside of the premises, two of our other agents, David Rossi and Jennifer Jareao will begin the press conference when furthur directed," You managed to say without taking a breath.
"We should have you deal with more of the media," Hotch sounded rather impressed as the news teams started filing out of the PD.
"Social media is way out of my league," you say as you entered the meeting room, but you didn't hear what Hotch had replied.
"So am I," Hotch muttered to himself and then entered the room as well.
************************
"The unsub left a signature on each of the girls' bodies-"
"They are my initials," You interrupted Reid.
"They are?" You and him examined the case file. Your full initials. Y/N M/N L/N were stamped onto the each of the girl's neck.
"I can't believe I didn't catch that. What could it mean?" You watched as Reid went into deep thought.
You turned around as you heard the door open. It was Hotch talking to Garcia on the phone.
"Thanks, Penelope. I'll go get the note now," Hotch hung up his cell phone.
"Note?" You asked, curiously.
"The unsub left you a note at the front desk," Hotch told you, making you give a weird facial expression.
"The unsub is also leaving my initials on each of the girl's neck," you say as you anxiously show him the files.
You waited for him to say something.
"I think it's time you better give that press conference, Y/N," Hotch replied.
"Why me? Aren't I a target?" You asked nervously, thinking of what you were going to say on live television.
"That's exactly why I want you to talk to the press. Everyone else will be on standby in the crowd," Hotch said as he exited the room.