Chapter Twenty Four

"You let her go by herself to investigate?" Hotch slowly shook his head disappointingly.
"Look, Hotch. She's clearly able to defend herself. We'll find her," Morgan told Hotch as investigators with dogs searched the field and the surrounding area.
"Garcia couldn't get a location on YN's phone. Niles probably destroyed it some point during the kidnapping," Reid slammed his phone shut.
"It doesn't make sense. Why risk taking a federal agent when you have no back up plan?" J.J walked over as she put her hair up in a ponytail.
"YN's been finding all the clues today. Maybe he's just trying to eliminate the mistakes he's made," Morgan noted.
"Don't say eliminated. YN's alive and we're going to find her. Has anyone checked the forest area?" Hotch yelled over his shoulders.
"There's no sign of her, but there is an abandoned house about a mile up that hill," an investigator replied as he jogged over with dog.
"Thank you," Hotch nodded.
"We should check it out," Hotch told the team as the investigator left.
"Hotch, can we really trust these people? I mean, Niles didn't set a good example," J.J replied.
Hotch gave a look at the forest and began running towards the trail.
*********************
"Finally, now it's my turn," You heard Niles say as he tightened the ropes around your wrists to the backhead of a bed.
"Your turn for what? To become arrested as soon as my team finds me?" You scoffed but you ended up earning a slap across your face.
"Fighters. Those are the ones I like the best. They always seem to give in at the end," Niles said with a slight chuckle.
"Let me guess, Adam was a fighter? You sick bastard," You tell him as his knife glistened with his smile.
"He's right, you are smart," Niles said with a nervous. You hadn't noticed until now, but you had been stripped down only to your under garments.
"Who's he?" You asked nervously. Were you being followed?
"I think you know. You just don't realize that he loves you, YN. He's been doing this for you. To keep you safe," Niles said as he began to kiss your neck.
"Get away!" You shrieked as you did your best to push him off with all the force you had.
"Michael isn't going to be happy," Niles half whispered into your ear.
"You know he's dead right?" There was a little pause of silence.
"Right?" You asked again.
"Why do you sound so unsure of yourself, Agent YN?" Niles gave another laugh that questioned the reason as to why you were even here in the first place.