Close... But Not Enough

She was between waking and fading, trying her best to remain awake for the fear of death. Her sight was blurry and could barely speak. The only thing she was able to hear was rushed voices, but couldn't make out what they were saying. Beside her, an unconscious boy was on the ground motionless, and barely breathing.

"Hiro...

Quick! We have to get them to the hospital!

"Wasabi..."

Get them on the van! MOVE!!

"What is...?" She faded again, and woke up again in a white place, lights were passing by. The hits she received from Hiro were, apparently worse than what appeared.

"Where am I? Where is Hi...?" She started to fade again.

Sshhhh! you are in good hands now. We have to get her to surgery now! We are losing her!

Her pressure levels dropped

Leiko... Leiko... A light hovered over her eye but she just couldn't Leiko can you...

Black... She was knocked out from the anesthesia that was provided to ease the pain.

3 days...

"HIROO... argh..." She woke up but got back immediately to the bed. Her head was full of bandages and she was only seeing through her right eye. Her room was big, with a huge window to her left, and an amazing view to the city. It was what she could guess late afternoon, almost night and there they were. The whole team was on her room in what looked like a living room. How they managed to pull all of their stuff in was a mystery, the most probable thing would be that Krei decided to help them again.

"Hi sleeping beauty!" Fred tried to tease her but she only glared at him.

"This is not the moment Freddy!" HL punched Fred's arm.

"Hi Gogo! How are you holding up?" Wasabi asked Gogo, everybody was able to notice the concern in his voice. After all, he was the oldest of the group.

"Well... besides the bandages I would say I'm feeling better.

"What happened?" HL asked clearly concerned about their situation.

"There was this man... I don't know how, he was controlling Hiro..." She gasped "...HIRO! WHERE IS HE?"

They all lowered their heads and looked at each other. HL gave a heavy sigh...

"What? What happened? TELL ME NOW OR I SWEAR..." She was yelling now which made a couple of nurses storm in the room.

"He..."

"He... WHAT?" She was getting annoyed.

"He is in a comma..." HL answered which made her sob, she was afraid.

Gogo only gasped and fainted again.

"GREAT! We knocked her out..." Fred raised his arms in defeat, walked back to his cushion and continued to read his comics. Soon Wasabi and HL followed, while Wasabi was sitting he slapped Fred on the head.

Clap

"Hey! This time I didn't do anything! Why was that for?" Fred asked while putting a hand on the back of his head due to the hit.

"I don't know... I just wanted to do it!" He said while laughing HL only chuckled but continued reading I swear this two will end up killing each other one day.

4 days...

She slowly opened her eyes again to a dawn... but her room changed a little bit more, soon she realized of the snoring. Making a great effort she sat down on her bed and realized how beat up she was... Hiro was a strong kid after all. The door opened and there was Aunt Cass... She was definitely not her aunt but by the way she cared of everyone they slowly accepted her as one of their family and they loved her. Aunt Cass was carrying a silver plate with five mugs with hot chocolate.