Everything Will Be Alright

Merry Christmas Everybody!! There is a little surprise for all of you at the end of the story.

HIROGO

It could be told that both teenagers were tired and that bed was calling them home, but none felt like going to their rooms yet.

The room was completely quiet except for some clatter coming from the kitchen because Gogo was preparing a cup of coffee. Hiro was sitting over the station were all the TV screens showed the city cameras but nothing interesting had showed up in the last few hours. Tired, Hiro stood up from the chair and walked towards the half circled couch, but sat still like a statue.

Both of them were trying to ignore each other, but we know that Gogo could never take her eyes off the boy and Hiro would never forgive himself for ignoring a friend. It went like this for several minutes. Gogo was sitting on a chair over the kitchen, drooling about the boy that she failed to realize that her coffee went cold. With a defeated sigh she rose to the sink, poured the cold coffee and washed the mug. Still, no reaction came from the boy sitting on the couch.

She wanted to talk with him, she knew that Hiro needed her but the words from whiplash still rang on her head. For Gogo, some of them were true. She DID destroy the necklace, she DID say no twice but most important, how does Hiro look at her? IS she a monster to the boy? That feeling of rejection flooded her head, it was unbearable. Apparently she had the special ability to scare away every man that she once loved.

She also wanted to turn around and run away to her quarters. She was never good with feelings. She had worked so hard to pull up a tough wall but Hiro... How? How comes a boy so young was able to tear down that wall? This was completely new for the speed junkie. She had never... NEVER felt something like this for someone else.

Unconsciously, she started walking towards the couch, fighting against her will. Half of her wanted to run and hide like always, use the wall to cover her feelings from further damage. The other side of the coin wanted to rush towards Hiro, help him go through whiplash and offer caring words. Defeated, she strode towards the couch.

"So." Gogo said sitting the other way around facing Hiro.

The boy refused to answer, creating an awkward silence between both of them. Hiro was sitting facing down, staring at his gloved hands

"Hiro?" Gogo scooted a little bit so she was sitting closer but not beside him. The boy just let out a deep sigh and raised his head.

"You know..." Hiro looked down again, fighting back a tear. "I wish Tadashi could be here."

Hiro hit the weak point of the speed junkie. Feelings were always difficult to deal with and she always found herself in lost for words when this kind of situations came up. The best option... caress the boy and stay quiet. The boy felt soothing Gogo caressing his back but he wanted to hear more. He wanted to hear the words stating that everything was alright.

"I wish he could see all this..." Hiro looked up as to clear what he was referring. "See what we've become."

"I'm pretty sure he is looking..." Gogo tried to smile but Hiro was looking at the ceiling. "I know he would be proud of you." Gogo smiled again but this time Hiro was fixated on her eyes.

"You think?" Hiro was hoping for those words. He desperately wanted to hear how his brother would react to the achievements the team have accomplished.

"Of course! Don't even doubt it!" Gogo said standing up holding a thumbs up.

"I still miss him." Hiro looked down again while fighting a couple of tears.