Let Him Go

It was raining, the sky was gray, and the last few rays of the sunset could be seen in the distance. Rows and rows of houses with the same design were being showered. Nobody was on the streets besides a person riding a yellow bicycle. A thunder through the streets, the girl was desperate to be back home. She was crying, making the helmet uncomfortable to wear, so she took it out and adjusted it to her forearm. The rain wasn't helping and every minute under it were just destroying her bit by bit. Soon she started to cry.

AAAAAAAAAHHH

A scream could be heard blocks away. She was lost, confused, this was the first time she felt something like this. A hand was reaching through her chest, and was trying to pull out her heart. What was it? Why does it feel that way? The girl finally got home; she hurried into her house not noticing that the bicycle was left on the ground in front of her garden. There was nobody there, slowly but surely this day was getting into her more each minute. She quickly went upstairs and took a shower. She wanted to keep moving but also wanted to stay as long as possible under the warm water that was pouring into her body.

GOGO

What am I doing? Why did I react to her like that? She doesn't even know! Hiro... even Hiro doesn't know... I already rejected him two times... I broke his heart two times... right? RIGHT? Then... Why am I fighting over him?

She started punching the wall opposite her. Rage took over her for being so stupid.

I...

Punch

Just...

Punch

Want...

Punch

To know...

Punch

Why...

Punch

Am I...

Punch

Jealous...

Jealous? I can't be jealous... Her knuckles were hurting now. Soon she realized that punching the wall was not going to solve her problems. Jealous... that word kept repeating herself on her head, a word that she never though would come out of her lips. A word that meant so many things, things that she refused to accept.

I can't keep doing this...

She was now fully dressed on her night gowns, sitting on the floor leaning against her bed, deep in her thoughts, trying to come up with a solution to her heart problem.

Okay Gogo... Woman up!! Hiro will always be 4 years younger than me. Either I tell him I love him or I let him go. I CAN'T LET HIM GO! He is caring, strong and those eyes... STOP! I ALREADY TOLD HIM NO TWO TIMES! HE MIGHT STILL LOVE ME BUT... BUT... WHY IS HE FOUR YEARS YOUNGER THAN ME? He's 15 and I'm 19! It sounds so bad to be in a relationship like this. I just... can't.

She climbed to her bed and wrapped herself into her sheets. She reached for a black box that was lying on the table beside her bed, and opened it. There it was; the golden necklace the brown eyed boy gave her for her birthday, so long ago but it felt like yesterday.

I will have to let him go! What a coward.

The idea, the single thought of leaving the boy to another girl crushed her inside into a million pieces. Her mind started drifting away with the thought of surrendering while caressing the golden necklace with the purple heart. She despised herself, Leiko Tanaka... The great GOGO TOMAGO surrendering... that was definitely from another world.

At least, we can still be friends!

She was defeated; tears were now flooding her pillow. She was scolding herself for ruining everything. Slowly she drifted to sleep, and clutched against her chest was the necklace that read I love you. Those three words have turned her world upside down.