Play - Ace #1

RT_Ninja: This one is a Modern AU type of story. Enjoy!

--

Focus. Sometimes fragile as glass, sometimes harder to break than a steel rod. When it came to this woman's focus, it was like shooting bullet proof glass or screaming at a sound proof wall. If you wanted the attention of Ocean D. Aoi while she was focused on work, you may as well give up.

Unless you were Portgas D. Ace.

"Aoooooooooi." The man whined, draping his arms around his girlfriend's shoulders and leaning on her back. Aoi was small, but she was strong.

Her lips moved along with her thought process, though no words passed them. She was focused on the little science experiment in front of her.

Ace huffed at his girlfriend's focus and shifted all of his body weight on to her back.

"Aaaaoooooiiiiiii." He whined. Ace rubbed his face against her neck then looked at her. Her eyes broke away from her experiment to watch his childish antics. Ace smirked. The crack on the bulletproof glass was there. Now just to add a little more pressure to shatter it.

The corners of Aoi's lips twitched up in a small smile at the man, then her attention was back on the experiment. Ace smiled, knowing that now she was aware of him, he could get her full attention.

Ace started to kiss her neck and cheek repeatedly. Aoi calmly set down her tools and sighed.

"Yay!" Ace thought.

"What do you want, Ace?" She sighed. Ace mentally high-fived himself for getting her attention. He pouted externally.

"Play with me!" He said. Aoi sighed up in to her bangs, blowing the sky blue hair from her eyes.

"Ace, you sound like Luffy when you do that." Aoi said. Ace burried his face in her neck and hair.

"But I'm bored." He whined. Aoi sighed and ran her hands through her hair.

"Ace, I'm working." She said. He pouted in to her neck.

"No your not! You got of work two hours ago. And you're a librarian, not a scientist." He said. Aoi sighed again.

"Ace, I'm testing a science experiment for the local high school. If you're that bored, call Marco." She said.

"Marco is in Alabasta for work." Ace said.

"Call Sabo. You never hang out with him anymore." Aoi said.

"He's with his girlfriend." Ace said. Aoi turned to face Ace fully.

"Babe, I have to have this tested and back to the school by tomorrow morning. Can't you be an adult for just a few more hours?" She asked. Ace shook his head and placed his hands on her hips.

"Ace." She sighed. He leaned in and kissed her gently. She sighed.

"Just two more hours. The more you bother me, the longer it's going to take for me to finish." She said. Ace frowned.

"Aoiiii..." He groaned. Aoi grabbed his hair and gently tugged.

"Go ahead and think of a game and set it up, then when I'm done here, we can play. Sound good?" She asked. Ace grinned and nodded, then ran off. Aoi sighed in relief and turned back to the experiment.

It took Aoi over three hours to finish the test, but Ace was patient. He was excited for this game. He had a little twist planned. Aoi walked out of the study and in to the living room where Ace sat on the couch.

"Alright, so what do you want to play?" She asked, kissing him on the cheek.

"Hot and Cold!" He said. Aoi raised her eyebrow at him.

"If it's anything like the last time we played Hot and Cold, no." She said. Last time they played Hot and Cold, he tricked her in to having sex with him again. She didn't protest to it, but she told him after that there were simpler ways of getting in to her pants.

"It's not! I've actually hidden something this time! And I already hid it, so you have to play!" He said. Aoi rolled her eyes, but smiled and chuckled at him.

"Alright, but no funny business, mister! You have to act like a grown up for that." She said. Aoi loved Ace, but he could be such a child at times. But in ways, that's what attracted her to him.

"Cold." Ace said as Aoi searched. Aoi had a feeling that he was still going to try the "funny business" she was talking about. She got closer to him again. Ace grinned.

"Freezing." Ace said, suprising the bluenette. She moved towards the bedroom she shared with her boyfriend.

"Any colder and you'll be ice!" He said. Aoi cocked an eyebrow at him. He was off the couch now and his hands were behind his back. Aoi moved towards the study.

"Chilly." He said. She moved towards the kitchen. He grinned like the big kid he was.

"Warmer." He said. Aoi rolled her eyes. If he was hungry, he should have just said so.

She walked in to the kitchen and he followed behind her. She moved towards the cabinets.

"Your getting colder." He said. Aoi moved towards the oven.

"Warmer, but not quite." He said. Aoi laughed as she walked up to the fridge.

"Ace, if you were hungry, you could have just said so." She said. He grinned.

"We have to finish the game first! And you're getting hotter!" He said. She chuckled as she touched the handle of the fridge.

"You're burning up!" He cheered. Aoi pulled the fridge open and looked in, wondering what it was Ace wanted.

She immediately saw a notebook being propped up by cans of soda. It was open to one page that had Ace's hand writting on it.

"Will you marry me?" It said. Aoi gasped and turned to find Ace on one knee. A box with a beautiful emerald ring with small diamonds in a flower pattern around it. (A/N: ring pictured above.) Aoi covered her mouth with her hands and tears filled her eyes.

"Ocean D. Aoi, I love you more than anything in this world. You are the one I can't live with out, I have no idea how I made it as long as I did without you. Will you make me the happiest man in the world and marry me?" Ace asked. Aoi started to cry. She jumped in to his arms as he stood.

"Oh my god, yes!" She cried. Ace kissed her gently and slipped the ring on her finger. He swept her up in to his arms and she cried happily.

"Now will you play with me?" He asked. Aoi laughed at the giant child that she was engaged to.

[the end]