Happy Birthday - Ace #10

Aoi crept around the dark room. Normally her boyfriend's loud snores would irritate her slightly, but right now they were a sign of comfort. As long as he slept like a rock, she would complete her mission.

She reached up and grabbed his wallet from the nightstand and slipped out of the dark room in to the dimly lit hallway.

"Let's see here. Aha! His driver's lisence!" She whispered and scanned over it. Then she found what she was looking for.

Aoi and Ace had been dating for about three years now, and he had refused to tell her when his birthday was. Even when he was drunk. Though, to be fair, when he was drunk all he could think about was getting her in bed.

"No way. His birthday is January first?" Aoi whispered to herself. She smiled. This year was gonna be extra special. She would make sure of it. She returned his wallet and began to plan.

When Ace woke up, Aoi was making breakfast. He smiled as he saw the woman that made him happy to be alive.

"Good morning, beautiful." He said, kissing her cheek.

"Good morning, hot stuff." She said, kissing him back. He smiled and took a seat at the table and began to reply to his brother's text.

"Hey, Ace?" Aoi asked.

"Hm?" Ace replied.

"Why do you not want me to know when your birthday is?" She asked. He sighed.

"I don't wanna talk about it." He said. He felt her tiny arms wrap around him and her chin rest on his shoulder.

"Ace. You know I'll always be here for you. No matter what." She said. He sighed again.

"I just don't wanna talk about it." He said. She sighed and kissed his cheek.

"Alright. But when you do wanna talk, I'm here. And I always will be." She said.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you more." She said. He smiled as she went back to cooking. He began to brows pictures on his phone.

He suddenly found a picture that applied to him.

In the picture, there were two characters. A man and a woman. The man looked like a thug and the girl looked like a princess. The text on the picture read: "To love someone, you must first love yourself. Bullshit. I have never loved myself. But you... Oh, God... I love you so much, I forgot what hating myself feels like."

Ace looked over at Aoi as she cooked. She was humming again. He felt a soft smile spread over his face. He set his phone down and stood up to go to the bathroom.

When he came back, Aoi had breakfast ready. When he entered the room, she stood up and went over to him and kissed him.

"What's that for?" He asked as she broke away. A playful smirk tugged at her lips.

"Couldn't help it. They looked so soft and tasty." She said. He smiled and kissed her again.

"Like what you taste?" He asked. She pecked him on the lips.

"Very much so." She said.

Time skip

"Welcome to the party, guys!" Nami said as Aoi and Ace walked in to hers and Sanji's home.

"Thanks, Nami." Aoi said. Ace chuckled.

"So, we've got two hours. She would go ahead and find our special place?" Ace asked. Aoi grinned.

"I already know where." She said. She pulled Ace towards a walk-in closet that was empty.

"The seven minutes in heaven closet where we had our first kiss." Ace said. She grinned.