Framed?- Sabo #4

Yue sighed and stared off in to the sunset. Slowly, she turned her attention to her wrist.

Would you mind if I joined you?

The words her soulmate would first say to her when they meet.

She huffed in frustration. Someone else had said those words to her once, but it turns out they weren't soulmates. How did she know? Well, the words on her wrist didn't change after her first love died.

"Who are you? When will I see you? Will I ever meet you?" She asked the air, pulling her knees to her chest. She pushed her glasses back up and her green eyes stared in to the horizon. She heard a door open and a throat clear.

"Would you mind if I joined you?" The gentle voice asked. She shrugged. She saw a man dressed in blue sit beside her in the corner of her eye.

"Pretty sunset, accompanied by a pretty girl." He said. She rolled her eyes and said nothing. He was silent for a while.

"Amazing.... it's like your hair is reflecting. How beautiful." He said. Yue scowled.

"Okay, dude, if all you're gonna do is flirt with me, then get lost, okay?" She snapped. She looked over at him and was surprised at how beautiful he looked.

Blue eyes that could shatter a girl's resolve. Wavy blonde hair that she could just tangle her fingers in. A scar decorating his eye and a top hat that looked absolutely adorable on him. He was leaning back, bracing himself on his hands.

His eyes were wide. He leaned forward and pulled down his sleeve to look at his wrist. His head snapped back to her. He reached over and grabbed her wrist.

"Hey!" She snapped.

"Would you mind if I joined you?" He read. Yue's eyes narrowed at him.

"You're not the first person to say it. And the last one to say it died." She snapped.

"Did you see his wrist?" The man asked.

"... Yeah. "May as well" first words I said to him." She said.

"But you weren't the first one, Monkey D Yue." He said. Yue whirled on him.

"How do you know me by that name?" She snapped. He reached in to his coat and pulled out a badge and showed it to her.

"Sabo. Revolutionary Cheif of Staff. Your father sent me to talk to you." He said. She glared at him.

"What does my father want from me? He hasn't seen me or my little brother in nineteen years." She snapped.

"Investigating the death of Narita, Takuei. His wife, Narita, Kinkua said that he was sneaking around with another woman. Pictures on security cameras saw you running around with him." Sabo said. Yue wanted to cry.

"Son of a bitch... he was married..." she said.

"So you admit to being with him?" Sabo asked.

"He was the person that spoke the words on my wrist, what was I supposed to think?! I thought.... I thought he was my soulmate." She said. She dropped her hands in to her head and gripped her hair.

"You didn't know he had already found his?" Sabo asked. She shook her head, fingers tightly gripping her hair.

"Did you kill him?" Sabo asked.

"Why would I? I just barely found out he was married! What reason would I kill him?" She asked. Sabo sat up and stared at her.

"Tell me about your relationship with him." He said. Yue shrugged.

"It was just your regular boyfriend/girlfriend relationship. A few texts, cute phone calls, dates on weekends. That was about it." She said.

"That's all? No flowers at the workplace? Surprise visits?" He asked.

"I teach ice skating. The only deliveries taken are for our kitchen and the only people who visit me are my students." She said.

"Where were you on May 5th at 4:00pm?" Sabo asked.

"At 4? I was picking up my little brother from school. For his birthday party. He just turned 19." She said. Sabo nodded.

"Well, everything checks out, especially since my forensic scientist texted me three minutes ago and informed me that your DNA is no where on our crime scene." He said.

"Then is there any other reason you're here?" She asked.

"To take you out." He said.

"You just said there was no evidence against me." She snapped.

"I said take you out, not in. And I meant on a date." He said. She glared at him.

"And why would I go out with you?" She asked with a glare. Sabo smirked at her and pulled down his sleeve so she could see what was written on his wrist.

"Okay, dude. If all you're going to do is flirt with me, then get lost, okay?" Was written on his wrist.

"Simple, really. Because you're my soulmate." He said. Yue blinked at him. He leaned in and cupped her cheek. He gently pressed his lips to her's and kissed her sweetly. Yue tenderly returned the kiss.

"I was almost framed for murder, but I think I owe dad for sending Sabo to me. After all, he is my soulmate." She thought.

[the end]

RT_Strawhat_Ninja: god, I've been watching too much NCIS. I try to write a cute little Soulmate AU and I end up making Sabo basically part of NCIS. Welp, I need a life. Bye now!