Best Friends are ALWAYS there.

RT_Ninja: so, I know that love comes in many shapes and forms. Not all are romantic. So I wanted show some best friend love after having some bestie love myself. So, this is a variation of what happened with my best friend and me. Aka will be representing me and Aoi will be representing my best friend. I hope you enjoy.

Note: this is not 100% accurate to my life. It's more like 20% accurate. Maybe 15%. So don't feel bad for me after reading this. I don't have that many problems.

--

Aka sat alone, staring down at the table before her. She pushed up her jacket sleeve and looked at the fading scars and sighed.

The past year had been hell for her.

Her hero died.

Her favorite uncle died.

She lost her job.

Her romantic life had basically been dragged through the mud when her girlfriend broke up with her because she wasn't over her ex.

Her mother and her had become more distant since Aka had told her parents that she was bisexual.

Her older sister basically shut her out, not knowing how to talk to a bisexual girl.

No where else would hire her.

She had two weeks to either pay rent or move out of her apartment.

Her religious group had basically excommunicated her.

Aka felt so alone. To the point where she had cut herself again.

She sighed and sat back. Her eyes connected with the man at the counter of the café she was sitting in. She had started coming here after her uncle had died, and everytime he was here. He was cute. She learned his name was Law. He was always so nice to her.

Law smiled softly at her and she nodded at him, then returned her eyes to her arm, looking over the scars.

"I thought you swore you'd stop that after freshmen year." A soft voice behind her said. Aka turned her head and nearly jumped. Standing behind her was her blue haired best friend, Aoi.

"Aoi! I didn't know you came here." Aka said. Aoi chuckled.

"I could say the same about you. Mind if I sit?" She asked. Aka pulled her bag off the chair that was by her.

"Please do." She said. Aoi set her coffee down and sat down.

"Coffee? I thought you hated the stuff." Aka said.

"Oh, I do. But ever since I started working midnight/early morning shifts at the diner, downing Mtn. Dew doesn't exactly keep me from yawning in the high school kid's eggs and bacon." Aoi chuckled.

"Makes sense." Aka said. Aoi took a sip of the coffee, then set her cup back down.

"So. What's wrong?" Aoi asked, serious face up.

"What makes you think something is wrong?" Aka asked. Aoi cocked an eye brow and grabbed Aka's wrist and pushed her sleeve back up a little.

"I'm not stupid, Aka. The scars may be fading, but they're still there. What happened?" Aoi asked, gaze softening a bit. Aka sighed and spilled everything to her best friend. Aoi remained silent through out the duration of the story.

"... And now I need to find away to dig up $200 dollars in the next two weeks or live in my car until I can find a new job." Aka finished. Aoi took another sip of her coffee.

"So that's what's been bugging you all year." The bluenette said. The purplette nodded.

"Well, I don't think you'll be able to get $200 dollars in the next two weeks considering every place in town has a set payday schedule of every second and fourth Friday of the month." Aoi said.