Daddy Loves You - Ace #14

"Ace... I need to ask you something, but you have to answer honestly, okay?" Aoi asked as she pulled away from her intense kiss with Ace. The man chuckled and swiftly re-arranged them so instead of straddling his lap like she had been, she was now lying on her back on the bed.

"Why would I ever lie to you?" He asked. She blushed and grabbed his hand.

"Ace, how would you feel about... Having a family with me?" Aoi asked.

"... What..?" Ace asked, confused by the question.

"Do you want to have a baby with me?" She asked, her face getting slightly redder.

"Aoi... Are you... Pregnant?" Ace asked. Aoi looked away.

"M-maybe..." She said lowly. Ace let out a joyful laughed and flipped up her shirt, suprising her.

"Y-you're happy?" She asked.

"Why wouldn't I be? I'm gonna be a daddy!" Ace cheered, placing small kisses all over her tummy. Aoi giggled as his hair brushed across her stomach softly.

Ace couldn't imagine himself being happier. He was going to be a father to Aoi's child. What could possibly make him happier?

Ace moved from Aoi's tummy to her face, placing soft kisses all over her face and neck, finally settling with a warm, loving kiss on her lips.

"I love you, Aoi." He said. Aoi smiled up at her lover.

"I love you, too, Ace." She said. Ace returned to her tummy, placing a soft kiss to where his child grew.

"I love you, too, little one." He said.

Time skip

"When can I feel the baby move?" Ace complained, his head resting gently on her tummy. Aoi giggled, setting her book down.

"I'm only one month along, Ace. The baby won't be big enough for us to feel until I'm four months along." Aoi said. Ace pouted. Aoi giggled again and Ace kissed her tummy again.

After Aoi told Ace she was pregnant, he demanded she stay with him in his room so he could make sure that it never got too cold for her.

"I can't wait to meet you, little one. Hey, Aoi, what are we going to name the baby?" Ace asked. Aoi smiled.

"Well, I thought we should name the baby as a tribute to your mother." She said.

"To my mother?" Ace asked. Aoi nodded.

"Since your mother's name was Rouge, I was thinking, if a boy, Rogue. And if a girl, Rose." Aoi said. Ace was quiet.

"I love those names." Ace said softly. Aoi smiled and giggled as Ace nuzzled her tummy.

Time skip

Ace listened as Aoi hummed to the swell of her stomach. He knelt in front of her and watched as the bump that was Rogue/Rose move about.

"Such an active child." He sighed, making Aoi giggle.

"Just gets it from daddy." Aoi said. Ace grinned brightly, pushing her shirt up, exposing the bump that protected his child. He stroked Aoi's tummy. The baby stopped moving as soon as his hand came in contact with the swell. The man pouted as the woman that was now his loving wife laughed.

"Oh, the baby is just playing with you!" She said. Ace's pout turned in to a small smirk, but soon faded in to a soft frown.

"What if they don't like me?" He asked. Aoi sighed.

"Ace, we've been over this, the baby is going to love you. I know it. You are going to be the best daddy ever. Of all time." She said. Ace looked up at her.

"You really think so?" He asked her. She smiled and kissed her husband's head.

"I know so." She said. Ace looked back at her tummy. He smiled and kissed where the baby's head was.

"I promise I'm going to be the best daddy ever. We're going to play and learn lessons and spend time with mommy and train hard!" Ace said. Aoi smiled as she watched her husband kiss her tummy. The baby suddenly punched his hand as if he were the baby's sparring partner.

"Ah!" Ace cheered happily, a bright grin lighting up his face and an excited light coming to his eyes.

"I think that's their way of saying challenge accepted." Aoi said. Ace grinned happily, nuzzling her tummy.

Time skip

"GYAAAAAAH!" Aoi screamed in pain, squeezing Ace's hand with all her strength.

"Just a little more, Aoi-sama!" The doctor encouraged. Ace held her tightly.

"I've got you, Aoi! Just hold on!" Ace said.

"One last push!" The doctor said. Aoi screamed out in pain again as she pushed.

The cries of a baby soon filled the air. Ace let out a laugh of relief.

"It's a boy!" The doctor said.

"Rogue." Aoi gasped out. Ace smiled as the baby was placed in the arms of his wife. The baby boy's hair was the same color of blue that his mother's was. He had one eye the color of ash and the other jade.

Ace held the tiny hand of his son, the baby's tiny fingers stretching out, then curling back in to a tiny fist. Ace smiled at the little boy.

"Hi there, son." He said. Aoi looked up at Ace.

"Ace? Honey, you're crying." Aoi said. Ace chuckled.

"How could I not? Look at him. He's so precious." Ace said. Aoi smiled.

"You can hold him." She said. Ace carefully took the tiny baby in his arms. The baby began to cry. Ace began to carefully hush the little baby.

"It's okay. It's okay, Rogue. Daddy's got you. I'll never let you go." Ace said gently to his son.

"He's so precious, Aoi. I love him so much. I would give all of my father's treasure just for him." Ace said, gently rocking the baby in his arms as more tears slipped down his cheeks. Aoi smiled.

"He's not the only one that's precious." She murmured under her breath so Ace didn't hear her. Aoi looked at the two boys with love in her eyes and her heart overflowing with love.

Ace continued to rock his son until the baby fell asleep in his arms, but even then, Ace didn't want to let his son out if his arms.

"Daddy loves you, Rogue. And daddy will always love you." He said, kissing his son's head softly.

[the end]

RT_Ninja: so we all agree that Ace would be best dad of all time, right?