Special Date- Zoro #16

11/23

That was the date on his wrist. The current year number right below it.

"Are you nervous, Zoro?" Asked Luffy, one of his dear friends that had already found his soulmate. A cute little red haired girl named Aisuru. They had met her at Logue Town back when their adventure had began.

Many things had happened that he didn't believe. Like that Nami and Sanji's wrists had the same date and their names had appeared after Sanji had walked in the room at the Baratie. Or even that Usopp had already met his soulmate, Kaya, but left her behind for the seas. Even Robin and Franky discovered their tattoos matched.

"Not really. Why would I be?" He asked.

"Your tattoo says November 23 right?" Aisuru asked.

"Yeah, so?" He asked.

"Zoro, today is November 23." She said. Zoro looked at his wrist, seeing today's date written on his wrist.

"Well, look at that. So it is." He said. The crew shared looks.

"Aren't you concerned about meeting your soulmate?" Robin asked, looking up from her book.

"It's never concerned me at all. I'll meet them when I meet them. I'm not in a rush." He said and lied back down, intending to nap.

"LAND HOOOOO!"

Until that happened.

After they anchored out of sight, Zoro found himself wandering the island. He wasn't looking for anywhere in particular to go or anything like that. Just wandering the island. For some reason, he kept looking to his wrist. He didn't know why. Was he expecting her name to just appear? What if he already past her? Why did he care all of the sudden?

He sighed and jammed his hand in to his pocket and he wandered in to a bar.

"God damn it. What a shitty birthday." Grumbled the woman beside him. A man pushed his way between the two after Zoro ordered.

"Heeeeeyyy pretty lady~ How's about you come party with us, eh?" The man slurred.

"Fuck off, bastard." She said. The man grabbed her arm and suddenly, there was a sword as his throat.

"She told you she wasn't interested. Now let her go and stop leaning on me before I cut you in half." Zoro said. The man backed away in fear and Zoro sheathed his sword.

"Thanks." The woman said.

"No need to thank me. I just hate guys that can't take a hint." He said, taking a gulp of his sake.

"Well, thanks anyways. This day has been annoying enough." She said, slamming down her sake.

"Yeah, I heard you mumbling something about a shitty birthday." He said. She sighed and ran her hand through her hair. Zoro looked over at her. Toned body, fair sized bust, pixie cut brownish-blonde hair, blue eyes, lightly tanned skin. She was very pretty.

"Yeah. But I'm sure you don't wanna hear about it." She said, getting another sake. Zoro put down money for her drink.

"I've got time." He said. He had no idea what inclined him to do it.

"Well." She sighed. "As I'm sure you could guess, today is my birthday. However, according to my wrist, it's also the day I'm supposed to meet soulmate. The day is already past half over and no name has appeared on my wrist. If the moron went and got themselves killed, I won't know until midnight." She said. Zoro hummed.

"No one should spend their birthday like that." He said. She nodded. Zoro put down more money and grabbed her hand.

"Wha- hey! What are you doing?!" She asked.